Z-5500 Control Pod cord too short!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsowder18

Beta member
OK, so I got the Logitech Z-5500 speakers and I love em. They are awesome, and if u have an xbox, i definitely recommend getting the advanced AV pack cause optical sound is much more crisp plus i can use DTS :D but anyways... I am an audio freak and i want to put the sub by my couch in my dorm room and the control pod next to my computer, but with their 8 foot cord this is not possible, i have read that this is a 15 pin dsub connector and its the same as a vga cable, so i'm thinking of buying an extension for it but i have not found anyone on the net who's done it and i'm a lil worried cause Logitech advises against it and i found one guy who tried and screwed up his speakers but he left them plugged in so i was thinking there is still a chance it might work, any advice or help would really help, thanks yall... :eek:

honestly, there is no reason that it shouldnt work, unless there is a crossover inside of the vga cable, which would be something you should look into first

heyy,

Ya there is really no reason why is wouldn't work what you can do is go to your local hacker/whatever store and show them the end of the cable and the they will probably pull out one that matches it. Then ask for the opposite side of the plug (male/female) and then depending on how many pins there are but cable with that many pins in it. Then just solder each pin to the same pin on the other end. You can make your extension as long as you want...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom