Xbox 360 failure rates actually 16 percent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine has been flawless, only one out of 8 of my friends had to send his back, and that is because he let it overheat in a small space...

its just a hit and miss kind of thing i think. my friend has 3 and had to send them all back. for the rest of my friends i think its about 3 out of 8 or so..

I don't care what the failure rate is has anyone ever measured the temp of the air the 360 blows out after an hour of gaming? anything that hot is bound to damage your hardware lol, Microsoft needs to release a new model with much better cooling

i had to replace mine after about 2 years. (wow has it really been that long?) am about to sell my new one cus I never use it...

I did the 12v fan mod (very loud, but the fans spin really fast) and mine blows fairly cool air (slightly warm, but nowhere near burning hot like normal 360's do). My 360 was given to me by a friend, it was an RROD console and he just got a new one, so he gave me the broken one and I fixed it. I used the fan mod to make sure it wouldn't overheat again (also replaced the X clamps to get it running again).

hmm maybe i could be so lucky as to acquire a broke xbox from somewhere and fix it myself... i've been reading up on that x-clamp fix and it sounds easy enough just gotta find a cheap or free broken xbox.

It's very easy, you just need a Torx screwdriver, a drill (to widen the holes in the bottom of the metal case to fit big screws), 5mm thick, 10 to 12mm long machine screws (8 of them), and some washers to space the board up off of the case (plastic ones to touch the board, metal ones above and below those).

You'll also need thermal paste, as it overheats if you don't put any on, but after I put a drop of Arctic Silver 5 on the chips, it ran fine. The point of this mod is that tightening the heatsinks presses the chips against the board, creating a more solid connection than the looser, spring based X clamps. If it doesn't work, you can try tightening the screws even more, but be careful not to overtighten, as it can break the chips and/or the board.

my friend gave me his dead 36 he voided teh wranty by opening it up but not knowign how to fix it lol, anyway my xbox also died once and the ysnet us a nother one but the tray wont open if we have the console standing verticaly. its gay but we have received a free copy of mass effect and oblivion from the times we had to rma. when we first got our box the hard drive insde our new retail box was damaged so they sent us a new one, and oblivion.

I've looked up and something like %60 of the failures are the older Elites, the core comes next and so on. The NEW skues are MUCH more stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom