Woo! New Modest Mouse album

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Indeed.
The band had planned a string of shows on the West Coast of the United States in August of 2006, but a recent update on Epic Records' Modest Mouse site states that the shows will be postponed due to the band working on recording their new album, entitled We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank. The new album was recorded in Mississippi and is being produced by Dennis Herring, who also produced Good News for People Who Love Bad News.

As of June 26, 2006, the band has finished its recording in Oxford, MS at Sweet Tea Dennis Herring and has returned to Portland, OR to finish overdubs and mixing. Johnny Marr is a confirmed member of the band, co-writing songs for the new album with Isaac Brock. According to Brock himself, Marr is now "a full blown member of the band," and he will tour with the band in the near future. Brock appears excited about the album, describing it as a "nautical balalaika carnival romp".

The new album is due to be released on December 19, 2006
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modest_Mouse

I can't wait! It will start to make up for cancelling that concert that I was going to go to...

We were going to see them too and then they cancelled the show. I dont know how this new cd will be like though. Personally i think their old stuff is way better than Good News for People Who Love Bad News.

EDIT, haha itunes just started playing Cities made of Ashes. :)

Yeah, thats true. I usually find myself listening to stuff off of The Lonesome Crowded West or This Is a Long Drive more than Good News, but Good News still had a few good songs. Hopefully We Were Dead will be the same way.

Modest Mouse better not start going downhill like Muse did with their new album

Ive never listened to much of muse so i cant say anything there but i have to say The Moon and Antarctica is one of the best cds out IMO. Just sit back and chill out to that.

Long drive had some very catchy songs, it was actually the first cd i bought by them. :D

Yeah, you're right, I completely forgot about The Moon and Antarctica. I can pretty much listen to the whole CD straight through and only have to skip one or two songs out of fifteen.

I just wonder what Johnny Marr will bring to the album

Yeah but they have quite a unique style anyways that i think they could make anything turn out good, i still have high hopes.

I was listening to the much older stuff earlier, ie. The Fruit that ate itself and that cd is actually very good. The Waydown has a very catchy tune to it.

I'm missing that particular album. I love their older stuff too, though. The albums that I have are:

Building Nothing Out Of Something
Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks
Good News For People Who Love Bad News
The Lonesome Crowded West
The Moon & Antarctica
This is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About

I only have two tracks each from Sad Sappy Sucker and The Fruit That Ate Itself

My favorite albums would probably have to be This is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About, The Moon & Antarctica, and The Lonesome Crowded West.

I think i have all of them, i dont remember seeing any other cds:

Baron Von ******** Rides Again
Building Nothing Out of Something
Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks
Good News For People Who Love Bad News
Lonesome Crowded West
Sad Sappy Sucker
The Fruit that Ate Itself
The Moon And Antarctica
This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About

A total of 129 songs, 7.6 hours, 454.6mb. :D

My favorite songs are Bukowski, I came as a rat and Never ending math equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom