After new case swap created sleep issue Windows7.

stevethebrain

In Runtime
After new case swap created sleep issue Windows7.

I recently upgraded my PC case now my PC won't sleep as it should.

This PC is used mainly to record TV shows like in the middle of the night when show has been recorded the PC should sleep (the on/off button shold blink) however it stays on.

When I force a sleep
Start
Cursor right, cursor right enter it will sleep 1 minute later it wakes this is w/ the mouse and keybroad turn off.

I rarely connect this PC to the net. So I have automatic updates turned off.

Here are the power settings in the BIOS.
ACPI Suspend mode S3 STR
Deep power off mode enabled
Power on by RTC alarm disabled
Power on by PCI devices disabled
Power on by PCIe devices disabled
Wake up by PS/2 KB/mouse enabled
Restore On AC Power loss Last state

Any tips on this sleep issues is appreciated
STB

Open a command prompt and put in this: powercfg -lastwake

It will show you what's waking your pc.

I had a wireless keyboard and mouse and even when the mouse was off, my the media center computer kept reporting that the mouse was waking it. I turned off the "wake by mouse/keyboard" options (I forget where they are but I'm sure you can google it) and that stopped it. The only downside is that now I have to open my cabinet and turn my PC on whenever I want to use it.

last wake cmd revealed the SSD Samgung Magician SW guess I'll have to remove it?

I would prefer to leave the mouse enabled becuase I use it to turn on the PC.

I am very carefull w/ the optical mouse atfer PC is in sleep I turn off the mouse it has a switch on the botton.

Thanks STB.

I also turned mine off but it was still doing it, not sure how.

Anyway, if that software is waking the computer, there may be an option in the software to disable waking. Otherwise it sounds like it might need uninstalled.

Also read here: Samsung SSD's and Sleep Function - AnandTech Forums. Particularly these types of statements:
Having Magician installed is not the problem with Sleep. It is having it running in background. Simple fix - just set to not load at start up but only on manual command.

Last edited:
I also turned mine off but it was still doing it, not sure how.

:
are referring to the mouse?

I believe I removed Magician SW in the old case do'nt know how it got back activated. I don't have time to fool around w/ trying to figure out what settings the Folks at Samsung have decided to do to my PC so I'll just remove there crap magician from the control panels add remove programs.

unless you have step by step instructions, I did read that thread you link to the advice given is for more advanced Windows users than myself.

just out of curiousity what are the two setting on the left of the SS ACHI that is deactivated and the NA setting in the middle?

Maybe these two need configuring?

Attachments

• ssmagician.jpg
    ssmagician.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 5
unless you have step by step instructions, I did read that thread you link to the advice given is for more advanced Windows users than myself.

95% of the advice was to uninstall. The other 5% was to manually close it (and set it to not start on Windows Startup) and only open it when you need it. I think you can handle that...

even after I removed the Magician SW the PC will not go to sleep as it should like when a schduled TVrecording has completed PC stays on, it will only sleep if I manuelly force it to sleep

start
cursor right
cursor right
enter

Please suggest more advice to resolve this sleep issue.
Thanks STB

Last edited:
even after I removed the Magician SW the PC will not go to sleep as it should like when a schduled TVrecording has completed PC stays on, it will only sleep if I manuelly force it to sleep

start
cursor right
cursor right
enter

Please suggest more advice to resolve this sleep issue.
Thanks STB

I'd suggest being just a little more gracious around here. You've had a lot of threads in the forums lately and we're all doing our best to keep up with your numerous questions.

In regards to the above, have you tried jmacavali's advice again now that you have the Samsung software uninstalled?

Open a command prompt and put in this: powercfg -lastwake

the TV tuner turns on the PC prior to the schduled recording (the DOS cmd last wake revelves this ) after the recording the PC should sleep however it just stays on.

I don't know how much more gracious around here I can be around here w/ asking like Please and allways be thankfull w/ any advice.

Thanks STB

Can you please describe how you setup the computer to go to sleep after recording?

Also, can I ask what your native language is? It doesn't seem to be English.

Back
Top Bottom