Wireless network identified, but not connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instrumediatech

Baseband Member
Hey y'all -

Just installed cable modem in the house, and bought a D-Link Wireless-N router. It's been great - except when we sign on.

When booting up the wireless notebooks (the only computers we have), the wireless Icon goes through the "acquiring network address" step, and then an error message occurs - "Limited or no connectivity." Wireless strength is excellent, but it takes several reboots and disconnecting/connecting power to the wireless router in order for us to finally get a "connected" message.

We have security set up, and know the wireless key, so the problem seems to be with the computer aquiring network address. I'm chalking it up to the fact that these are Dell (read, CRAP) computers, especially since mine's a work computer with a big red "refurbished" tag on the bottom.

We have no problem connecting to wireless networks at work, at the local coffee place, Panera, or any other "non-secured" network, but I don't want to have a "non-secured" connection at home.

Any insights you can offer would be appreciated.

Z

Log in to the router's properties, make sure your wireless network mode isn't only sending out the "N-only" signal. There should be a "Mixed" or "B/G" option. And like baronvongogo said, it might be your security. If you have WPA or WPA2 on, not all network cards will connect to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom