Wireless and Wired Problems! (unusual)

sirkelly55

Solid State Member
Hey guys,
I have been wondering about this for ages, it is probably because my computer is killing itself slowly, but:

I have a desktop running XP with a wireless card, and wired, both are connected but are very slow (wireless speeds).
The problem I am having seems to be the opposite of everyone else on google (wireless not working unless wired is connected), so i came here;
I can use the Net fine when both wired and wireless are connected but I want to get a faster speed for game servers. I disable wireless connections just in case it wants to go at that speed instead and wired is still connected but all internet using apps say I'm not connected anymore, I also cannot browse the web. I wonder what is causing this?

Thanks, and if i sound like a noob, I'm sorry I'm really not, just have no idea whats happening here.

Just because your Wi-Fi and Wired connections are both connected, does not mean you are using them both. Windows only lets you use one connection at once for the internet, you will probably find Wireless is set to be your default network. As soon as you disable it, you loose all internet.

When you do an ipconfig in cmd when you have your wireless disabled are you getting network information from your router on your wired nic? If you have them both connected to the same source you should still have internet when you disabled your wlan. Your computer should just switch to your lan nic.

Back
Top Bottom