Wireless and internet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemmington

Solid State Member
Hi folks,I live in Scotland.I have a desktop pc and a laptop(with built in wireless connectivity) in my home.My 2 pc's were working fine(with broadband internet access) until my isp provider(ntl) were having problems.Ok here's the story.

Dell desktop pc(windows xp)
Sony viao laptop(with built in wireless,windows xp)
External modem(broadband)connected to desktop pc through a usb connection.
Linksys broadband wireless router,connected to the external modem with an ethernet connection.Also connected to the desktop with an ethernet connection.

My 2 pc's have been connected this way for 6 months and had been working fine until now.
Can't get internet on my laptop now.
The only way to access internet on my desktop,is with the router disconnected.

My isp provider(ntl) were experiencing problems with broadband and everyone in my area with ntl lost their internet connections.
When I phoned up(ntl)they asked me to sit at my pc and give them an ip address.

Now I can't get internet access through my laptop.
I have tried swiitching everything off for a full day without any success.Ihave also reset the router and reinstalled it without any success.Hence coming to this forum and looking for help.

Guys,after about 4 days my wireless internet connection has returned.I really didn't do anything other than just switch my laptop on and try it again.Ah well who knows,but thanks anyway.

Sure looks like an ISP issue from here, Mysteriously starts working again and you did nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom