Windows Restarts... HDD Prob?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure to select "format using xxx", not "Quick format using xxx". Because regular format will also perform a scandisk.

so there was a bsod after all (and again,by default windows is set to restart on a bsod) rar/zip all files in c:\windows\minidump and upload to http://www.upload2.net provide the link and ill analyze em , are you 100% sure the sound is coming from the hd? , did you open the case and listen closely? , what hd is it exactly? alot of very old hds are noisy , and what about the last question in my previous reply?

no there was no bsod just an instant restart. without any warning or anything in the middle of loading windows it would restart a bring me to f8. the hd is a quantum fireball 60GB about 6 yrs old i said it at the top.

im reinstalling now it should be done in 20min i'll be back then.

and ya major i always use full formatting and not quick

and by everything i meant ram, cpu and mobo just kept 2 cd players and hd

and now the case and psu since we got both yesterday

and again 3rd time im saying it, by default settings windows is set to restart on a bsod believe me there was one even if you didnt see it

ok i finally got it to work. i took a drive from my comp and tested it and it worked so it was the HD so we just bought a new one and its working perfect.

but just just out of curiosity jeremy how would i get that info to u if windows never even started?

thx to everyone who helped out u guys are awesome. i know i'll help anytime u guys need it! now she can finally start her essays for UofT! :)

Thanks, Chris

cvb724 said:

but just just out of curiosity jeremy how would i get that info to u if windows never even started?
from what you said i understood it starts in safe mode just fine , if you would have say it doesnt then i would say youll use some linux livecd and copy the logs to a floppy/usb flash or burn em to cd... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom