Windows 7 Home Premium Took a Trojan to the face and after start up it gets frozen

So why not get an External Hard Drive? A 500GB External Hard Drive costs only about $60 before tax at a local Walmart. That is more than enough space to store your data and have room left over.

Just cause you got a lot of data doesnt excuse not backing up. Your not looking for future proofing. What happens a couple years down the line when your hard drive dies? You will then lose all of your data. With no chance at recovery.

So I would seriously start to look at a backup plan now before something happens. Afterall your just experiencing some issues right now, what would happen if Windows fully crashed and you had no way to access it at all? What would you do then?

You already tried the 1 and only command within Windows to try and fix the issue. System File Checker is the only thing built in to fix system files, if it is saying that some are corrupted and cant be fixed you are outta luck. Figure out how to get a backup of your data and fast before something worse happens and you cant get access to the data at all.

Yes they are all wrong. If you click on the links and read them, they all state the same exact thing. It is an in-place upgrade.

How to Repair a Corrupt Windows 7 Installation | PCWorld

I quote right from them using their exact words:

With Windows 7 you can perform an in-place upgrade installation to repair a flaky existing install. Though technically designed to upgrade older Windows operating systems like Vista, the in-place upgrade installation option can also be used to repair an existing installation of Windows 7.

It is exactly what I have been saying. It is not a true repair, it is an upgrade of your system. As they state, it is technically designed to upgrade from an older version. They state it can be used to repair and existing install, but they fail to mention anything about how trying to do so with an already corrupted system is going to fail. It will only cause more issues. This is the same thing I have been saying all along.

The true repair feature was only a part of XP. Where you inserted the XP CD, and had a true repair feature that would reinstall Windows and it components and leave your files alone. It didnt matter if the system was corrupted or not as it was basically doing a clean install of Windows while leaving your files intact. That true repair option is now gone leaving people to try and use this junk in-place upgrade option as the repair without the warning that doing so can cause just as much of an issue as you currently have. This is where knowledge of what it truly is and what it does comes into play. People like me warn others of what it truly is and how it works only to save them time in the end.

They use the term repair instead of in-place upgrade. As it sounds so much nicer and is easier to put on a page. But the truth is they are all wrong for calling it that as it isnt truly a repair. It can and will cause just as many issues for a user if they are trying to do so with an already corrupted system.

Eh... that's okay. I fixed the startup problem by my self.

The only problem I have now is the drivers are not functional now (two audio and usb card reader).

I have tried installing them and nothing happen. Apparently I get the wrong the one because I keep getting and error message saying the driver is not in my labtop or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom