Windows 7 Home Premium Took a Trojan to the face and after start up it gets frozen

Siedas

Solid State Member
My windows 7 home premium Acts like this:

Better update then the last! - YouTube

Ignore that vocals for there is no purpose in that anymore.

Keep in mind, I scanned every part of the computer and nothing came up.

That includes rootkit, malware, and virus scans.

I did a sfc/scannow

and the result was this:
"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."

So how does one go about de-corrupting files or repair them?

"

You cant de-corrupt them. Windows 7 doesnt have a repair option either. So if your lucky you will have a restore point before the corruption. If not looks like you will have to reinstall.

That isnt a repair install. That is doing an in place upgrade on the machine. They call it a repair but it isnt.

It replaces damaged windows files and leaves your data intact. Don't matter what you want to call it, it should do what the op needs

I am just shocked how you guys were able to tell what was wrong and happening in the video... I got dizzy watching it >_<

It should matter. The reason I didnt recommend it is simple. When was the last time you heard of an upgrade taking on a corrupted system? It doesnt. It never has. An upgrade must be done on a perfectly operational system in order to replace the files and not have the corruption get worse.

All your suggesting with this is to compound the issue and force a complete format and reinstall.

There is a reason why I dont suggest that to anyone. As it doesnt help. It will make the matter worse before better.

I am just shocked how you guys were able to tell what was wrong and happening in the video... I got dizzy watching it >_<

Dont have to watch it. Never have had to watch a video before when doing support. Everything that is needed to be known is stated. ;)

You would do the repair install in order to replace damaged windows files....it's probably the best reason to do a repair install short of formatting and replacing windows

from my link....
This will show you how to do a repair install (aka: in-place upgrade install) to fix your currently installed Windows 7 and preserve your user accounts, data, programs, and system drivers.

would a clean install be a better option for a severely corrupted system? Probably. The system would run better with a clean install
of course, if your pc has viruses, trojans or a rootkit, it will do nothing to help

Last edited:
Yet again I say, Windows 7 does not have a repair feature. It was removed after XP. It does not exist with Windows Vista, Windows 7 nor Windows 8. If you read the topic fully you will see that you have to boot to Windows and start the process of an Upgrade. That is not a repair!

Just because the site uses the term repair doesnt make it true.

So yet again, all you are doing is an in-place upgrade. Not a repair. No you dont lose your files, but you will cause more corruption to the system. Since there is already issues to begin with, doing this process will not help. It will only force the user to end up finding out that the in-place upgrade didnt take, caused system instability and force them to format a week or 2 down the line.

What your saying that if a PC has a virus or trojan that a Format wouldnt help? Seriously? Sorry but where do you get such information. That is totally not correct. A format would get rid of a virus, rootkit and a trojan. If you zero out the drive then there is nothing on there, no infection or anything. So yes, a format would help. It would clean up everything.

So yeah....It is not a repair install. Just cause it says it is, doesnt make it true. It is just a term they used in exchange for what it really is.

Last edited:
Wow, I appreciate the number of answer I got. Unfortunately I don't have a back up because of the cost. Unless there are CDS that can hold up 200 GB + of data or a website that can store up to 200 GB + of data, I don't have back up.

I no this is a pain. Sorry about that. However if any of you want to help me with this. That would also be appreciated. I am and artist of both music and digital art/traditional art. Perhaps we could do a trade on services.

Back
Top Bottom