Windows 10 Customer Preview

Same here Joe. I've hit a few things when switching between desktops and messing with the new features. I have a Domain environment setup for studying purposes, going to add it to that and see what happens as well.

I copied down the license key on the download page but after the install, it never asked me for the license key
Did anybody else need to install a key?

same here it never asked

Issues I have are:
I can't find a driver for my graphics card and can't play minecraft or anything because the microsoft driver has an issue with opengl

wifi goes into limited randomly and I have to flip the switch for wifi off then on then restart the computer to get it back. Sometimes it will come back on its own though. It is quite random.

Last edited:
Try to install the WIndows 8 driver for your GPU, if there is one.

Same with wifi.

Try to install the WIndows 8 driver for your GPU, if there is one.

Same with wifi.

There don't seem to be but I tried a windows 7 driver for wifi but it said the driver installed is newer so i cancelled. The last driver I could find for the gpu is windows 7 but it complained during setup that I was not running the version of windows required for the driver.

There don't seem to be but I tried a windows 7 driver for wifi but it said the driver installed is newer so i cancelled. The last driver I could find for the gpu is windows 7 but it complained during setup that I was not running the version of windows required for the driver.

You would most likely have to extract the INF files and manually install the drivers through Device Manager by pointing it to the folder containing the extracted INF files.

Oh and by the way its my old laptop I should have mentioned that not my Sig rig. I don't think I will be sacrificing my main rig for windows 10. Maybe if it was a little more stable.

The computer I use windows 10 on or should I say computers now are

my old laptop

HP dv6000 series
Core 2 duo T5550 1.83 Ghz
4gb ram
500GB hard drive
Intel GMA x3100 integrated video

and

Trash picked Asus K60I

Intel pentium T4400 2.2Ghz
3Gb of ram (2gb detected)
250Gb hard drive with bad sectors
intel Gma 4500M Graphics (also no driver found)

Back
Top Bottom