Which sound card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can connect speakers/headphones to a good sound card without it being encrypted and resampled to go through HDMI, so I don't really see the point of the HDAV.

Especially for another 40$ on top of the already costly 200 of the other two :/

I listen to a lot of music, and do a lot of gaming. usually one or the other at all times, but mp3's can only really go so far quality wise, so I just nabbed the D2X for some extra EAX support.

Do you guys know anything about the HT Omega cards, because you guys haven't said anything about it.. o.o What's the differnce between the DX, and D1? And why does it say clearer than MOST onboard sound? That just plain scares me. =.=
Newegg.com - HT OMEGA STRIKER 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards

Newegg.com - ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards
Newegg.com - ASUS Xonar D1 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards

Do you guys know anything about the HT Omega cards, because you guys haven't said anything about it.. o.o
I haven't listened to one, so I don't know how they sound. I think they're pretty good.
What's the differnce between the DX, and D1?
They're the same basicaly. the difference is one uses PCI-E (DX), one uses PCI (D1).
And why does it say clearer than MOST onboard sound? That just plain scares me. =.=
it says 35 times cleaner than most onboard sound.
i.e. there are some onboard cards that it isn't 35 times clearer than; it will just be some other number better.

lol, that was stupid of me.. =.=

Are the specs comparable between the striker and Xonar DX/D1's?
the striker has a lower sampling rate (96khz vs 192khz) though it doesn't give a SNR. On paper, the D1/DX appears to be better. though specs on-paper are not always the best way to compare.
And why is there a PCIE and PCI version?
Some people don't have spare PCI slots, some people don't have spare PCI-E slots.
Some people just want to get something more future-proof, and will go for a PCI-E sound card.

Is there any performance differnce?
The card is natively PCI, so it uses a bridge to convert it to use the PCI-e interface, so the PCI one would have lower latency. Though I've never had any problems with my D2X in games (also native PCI, converted to PCI-E)

if it's this board you're talking about:
motherboard_productimage_ga-ep45-ud3p_big.jpg

I'd get a PCI-E card and put it in one of the top slots (near the CPU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom