which secuirty programs should i get???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmil

Baseband Member
can u guys tell me wat r the best AV program out there and wats the best firewall program, money is not a problem here; parents gave me $60 2 spend on secuirty products also dont mention anti- spyware, im using ad-aware se, and i like it alot so just hlp me out wit the firewall and AV

if it helps im running on xp home and hav 742MB of RAM

avg free for anti virus.
zone alarm free for firewall.
They are both great and free. So spend the $60 on a new game.
:)

yeah well, i heard that nod32 and kasperky r like the best r they, and also outpost 4 firewall is it better than zonealarm pro

I use Norton Internet Security 2005 Anti-Spyware edition. Yes it's a little pricey but I prefer going with a major commercial company. In my opinion, when you download the free stuff, you get what you pay for.

Norton and Macfee are the work of the devil. Why? ever help a user whare they cant log into secure sites? internet explorer dead? All programs being blocked by there firewalls/worm protection? Email scanning block all emails? oh yeah system slowness.

Free avg and all the rest arnt as good as comercial in my eyes. Ive seen avg/freeav miss a million things. **** even clamav which i used for a long while misses stuff and is slow as ****. I would rather spend the few bucks for a company who needs to make a good product so they can keep the lights on and pay there staff.

Ive seen zone alarm gack everything as well. Why do you need to know whats connecting out from your machine? shouldnt your Antivirus pickup everything thats bad? Also new users dont know when there blocking iexplorer.exe or firefox.exe I've seen it, I've profited from it.

Simple setup, get a router to handle your main firewalling (why put needless system load on your machine? Use windows firewall for light internal firewalling. Run a good light antivirus like nod32, Adaware for spyware.

Smaller apps that are ment for one thing only. When Norton hits the floor there go all your core servies.

That should do it. :)

i still say Norton Internet Security. At the least you can download the trial FREE and see if you like it. do a Google search.

i just had NIS 2006 well the trial, the memory hog wasnt a problem, it just when the trial ended, i didnt feel like spending alot of money 4 that program

I use kaspersky very good program although the pro version should be avoided as it has problems.

for spyware I use:

ad aware se (free)
spybot (free)
xoftspy
noadware
spywareblaster (free)
windows defender (formally known as microsoft anti spyware also free)

Anti virus programs to use:
AVG (free)
Avast (free)
NOD32
kaspersky
symantic corporate edition 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom