What does this do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sup2jzgte05

In Runtime
What does this mean?

speakerhelp.jpg

See When I'm listening to music I hear everthing I do in the background. If I click on something it makes the song skip for a millisecond, if open a program I can hear it. I have no clue how to make it stop

What kind of sound card do you have? I have onboard AC'97 and I get a lot of extra noise (I'm assuming some kind of electrical interference...) when I listen to audio through it.

My other sound card (the nice one) is silent.

To both the thread starter and moisiss -

1. MUTE CD AUDIO!!!

2. GET A SOUNDCARD FOR THE LOVE OF PEANUT BUTTER!! AC'97 is strictly software using your cpu as a processor.

If you just plain don't like the sounds Windows makes when going through Windows Explorer and all the pointless clicks and whatnot, go into Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices. On the Sounds tab, click on a sound in the bottom. Click the drop-down box, and select None.

Crysalis said:
To both the thread starter and moisiss -

1. MUTE CD AUDIO!!!

2. GET A SOUNDCARD FOR THE LOVE OF PEANUT BUTTER!! AC'97 is strictly software using your cpu as a processor.

LOL...

I do have another sound card that I use for recording... I just use the AC '97 for general stuff... like listening to sound when I'm watching stuff on youtube, myspace, etc.

moisiss said:
LOL...

I do have another sound card that I use for recording... I just use the AC '97 for general stuff... like listening to sound when I'm watching stuff on youtube, myspace, etc.

Why don't you use that as an all purpose card then? Disable AC97 completely. :)

I will answer all the questions above all in one.

1. I have tried to 2 cards

- I started by ordering a Chaintech AV-512 card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829120102

- Then it was still happening so I ordered a Creative Sound Blaster SB0570 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102002

and still the same stupid sound

2. I figured it was my hd so I transfered all my music to 2 HD's and all my operation programs to 1 HD and my windows has its own HD, That didnt work

3. I changed from 400 watt PSU to a 600 watt PSu figuring maybe it was under powered, I was worng

4. I have updated every driver in my PC including my onboard audio, still no help.. Oh an yes I went into bios and disabled the onboard sound and I also disabled it in the Device Manager as well

5. I went into sound manager and shut down the sound, but still nothing

6. I have tried 3 sets of speakers and a electrical interference filter. Noise is still there.

7. Reformatted all 5 out of 6 hard drives (not the windows drive yet) and still the samething, no matter what HD the music is on

8. I dont think there is a Media Player out there I have not tried. None of them make a difference

So the only thing left for me to try is to reinstall the Windows and all the drivers, which I will be doing tonight some time

you didn't answer if you turnd down the hardware acceleration because that will stop it.

the 3 solutions to your problem.

1. mute cd audio
2. turn down hardware acceleration
3.if you have a raid hdd or sata hdd update that chipset or get an ide hdd. but no2 will fix that problem too

edit.

the forth one. bad sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom