What do you think would be the best computer ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehsan20_2000

Solid State Member
Hey Guys and Gals,

Was thinkin to myself.. what would be the baddest and best monster rig you could build if money was no object. The pc's i imagine in head are just so damn expensive but here is the best i can think lol

===WOW THIS IS EXPENSIVE!!===

AMD FX53 2400mhz 1mb L2 Cache Skt939pin Retail Boxed 3 year warranty --------------- £614.07

Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939 nForce3 Ultra (Socket 939) Motherboard (MB-018-GI) ------------------ £135.13

Gainward Coolfx Power Pack Ultra/2600 6800Ultra AGP x8 256MB DDR3 Video-Out Golden Sample Guaranteed To Run At 450MhZ/1200mhZ INC Pump, Radiator, Piping. --------- £884.19 (WOW)

Corsair (TWINX1024-4400PT), 1024MB (2 x 512MB Matched Pair), DDR550 / PC4400, non-ECC, 2x184 DIMM, unbuffered, 3-4-4-8, 32Mx8 DRAMs, Silver Heat Spreader ----- £261

4x Western Digital WD740GD Raptor 74GB Serial ATA 10,000rpm 8mb Cache ------- £119.98 (EACH!!!!)

That would be it really.. thats the main stuff... thermaltake case prob.. all the other usual mods.. and obviously liquid cooling for super overclocking.... this costs a bomb.. but how many of u wish u could have it. What do u guys think? What would ur dream pc be?

:D :D

If you go to the alienware site u can build a pc to ur spec.
I managed to spend nearly £20,000 sterling on a monster system, including a monstous LCD screen and a 3.5k sound system hehe

11 grand for a laptop too!!

It's great fun till the end when they ask for payment before delivery:(
Wish i coulda just typed in my credit card details! LOL ah to dream.....

Well, a quantum PC would be the shyt...but I suppose you want to stick to current technology. :D

Any MPPU's on the public market? The 64-FX's would be nice for that.

lol dude.. quantum pc..??!?!?!!!?? and i didnt have a clue there is such a thing as FX-55's!! Iv just realised.. my pc is pretty damn good for games rite now.. i mean on other ppl's benchmarks with similar specs they run half life 2 beta at 1600x1200 maxed witth FSAA an AA at max at like 100fps!!.. would a pc as powerful as that make much of a noticeable difference? Would definantly give you braggin rites though :D

Well, sure, you'd have to have a game that could take advantage of the MPPU and a nice dual-stack of dual-Geforce 6600 PCI-E cards.

But imagine playing DOOM3 or UT2004 with full-mesh characters and world-geometry, on the level of movie-animation? Large-scale real-time accurate glass and mirror effects? AI that makes you shiver in the dark!...

TRUE!.. i mean imagine doom.. with virtual reality i.e headset and actually bein in the game.. that would be so awesome.. mind u, ud be spendin alot of money of underwear!!!.. my friend once told me about somethin called the sunchip.. he said it cost like 2 mil.. and it ran at ridiculous clock speeds something like 100GHZ.. i think he mite have bein lien.. but just imagine it!!! Have u seen the new alienware pc's with dual 6800 ultra's? They are just a joke.. ridiculously fast!!!

Have u seen the new alienware pc's with dual 6800 ultra's?
If you do any modeling, mapping, CAD work, or other GPU-processing-intensive work, the dual-gpu technology is great stuff!

It's too bad supercomputers don't have the right interfaces for installing games...'cause if they did I have access to a Cray XD1 that I could put DOOM3 on!

Thinks so fast...you've lost before you join. :eek: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom