What are you playing now?

You just grind? Since you're on pc, you could just alter your starting stats with some hack or mod and save yourself the time.

You just grind? Since you're on pc, you could just alter your starting stats with some hack or mod and save yourself the time.
No, I grind in FF games. It's really hard to explain what I do in TES games. I don't do just quests from the start. I roam around, explore ****, play with the new things you can do, get an overall feel for the game, run around the map exploring things for fast travel ect. Leveling up stats just comes with the territory of exploring.
I don't see the point in cheating in a game before I even play it. After I beat the game I may go back and be goofy with modified stats (FF 13 was hilarious), but just upping things from the start ruins the experience for me. When I sit down to play an RPG I expect to spend hours upon hours playing and experiencing the game. I don't want it to be easy as I want to have something to do for the 50/60 I paid.

No, I grind in FF games. It's really hard to explain what I do in TES games. I don't do just quests from the start. I roam around, explore ****, play with the new things you can do, get an overall feel for the game, run around the map exploring things for fast travel ect. Leveling up stats just comes with the territory of exploring.
I don't see the point in cheating in a game before I even play it. After I beat the game I may go back and be goofy with modified stats (FF 13 was hilarious), but just upping things from the start ruins the experience for me. When I sit down to play an RPG I expect to spend hours upon hours playing and experiencing the game. I don't want it to be easy as I want to have something to do for the 50/60 I paid.

Same here. I dont see the point boosting and or cheating until I have completed the game once. In Skyrim I just ran around for about 20 hours before even starting the main quest. In oblivion it is a bit different though, there arent as many random quests and on full difficulty I get raped by pretty much anything in the wild. I turned down my difficulty after I posted earlier to just over half way and got through Kvatch easily.

So - nobody played the "sentient weapon mod" or knows where Darkhaven is in Oblivion? I use mods for houses, and some quests mods. But, cheat mods etc. seems to defeat the purpose of playing somewhat as you would not have to be the least bit careful, if you are basically "undefeatable" to all foes. Opps- I lied - I am using the cheat for duplicating arrows - again only because of the ridiculous number of arrows required to kill an enemy. I did download and am using a mod for archery as it was obvious that the level ups for enemies far outpaces the level up kill power of bows - tired of having to put 8 elven arrows in a troll - even with sneak bonus- they looked like pin cushions by the time they die. I sill have not figured out or tried to capture a soul to enchant a piece of armor or weapon or power up a magical item - will have to read-up on that and try tonight.

It would ruin it for me too, but grinding is a complete waste of time. It may make it so that the experience isn't "ruined" for you, but you just spent hours of repetitive action just "preparing" for the fun. Grinding isn't fun in itself. It's really a catch 22. Games that require more than a little grinding, I find to be at least somewhat broken. There needs to be something you can do worthwhile without grinding. Now, I know you aren't truly grinding, but this is the dilemma I've recently come up with.

Like I said, I only grind in FF games. In TES games I just explore. There is a complete difference between the two. With one I am sitting in one area for the soul purpose of leveling up. The other I just happen to level up while looking around at things. I do it in FF games because I know what is coming up and how leveled I have to be so a certain boss character isn't too difficult.

OK- I know this is probably a stupid question in Oblivion ( have read online , but no help so far) . I finished all the quests to get entered into the Mage University. SO, ready to start enchanting at the alter right - but I want to enchant invisibility or Chameleon on armor - but that option does not come up. Why not? I am a Conjurer level Mage. I have a Chameleon spell in my inventory, I have a Grand Soul Gem with a grand soul in it. However, I think I am missing a very easy initial step- what does it mean to "know" a spell. Does that mean you have to have used the spell X amount of times so the spell in now "known" or what? Everything I have read says that when you enter the enchanting alter- you put the gem in, choice the item, and then the options come up - but my options don't include all the spells I have in my inventory - why?

Back
Top Bottom