Vista 64-bit drivers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I will be installing a new hard drive or two this weekend and plan on putting 64-bit Vista on a partition (finally). I am looking for the Vista 64-bit drivers for my stuff, and it's not too easy to find. Thus far I have:
  • Audio driver
  • Razer driver
  • nForce driver (from nVidia, not my mobo manufacturer)
  • Video driver (Catalyst 8.12)
  • Marvell Gigabit ethernet
What am I lacking? no printer hooked to this comp, so no worries there. I don't know if the nVidia driver includes USB and such...
* Ethernet Driver (v67.89) WHQL
* Network Management Tools (v67.91) "Sedona"
* SATAIDE Driver (v10.3.0.42) WHQL
* SATARAID Driver (v10.3.0.42) WHQL
* RAIDTOOL Application (v10.3.0.42)
* SMU Driver (v1.61) WHQL
* SMBus Driver (v4.69) WHQL
* Away Mode Driver (v6.0.6000.107) WHQL
* Installer (v6.14)
I don't see it in there, anyway.

So, what am I missing, and where do I find it? My head's tired and it doesn't want to think.

the nForce chipset should have your USB drivers. I've done restores to XP and that's all I've needed for a lot of the stuff. To me it looks like you have everything, Trot-man.

What kind of motherboard do you have? I know that my nvidia drivers include all my SATA/Raid/Nic/usb functions... And it should also include the smbus drivers...

Is your sata controller part of your chipset??? If it is then there is nothing to worry about, you will just need to extract the sata/raid drivers from the nforce installer, or see if they have stand alone drivers, vista as far as I know does a great job with default Raid and SATA driver support, but everything else SHOULD be included with the nforce drivers.

you just may need to install the chipset manually because if you intergrate your drivers with nlite, your gigabit driver might not show up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom