UT2K4 and Vietnam performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

triXsta

Baseband Member
Well i am planning on getting one of these games.which game should i get?ive heard great things about both games but just dont know.Well i guess I really want to get the game that will perform the best on my pc.here is my current setup

video card-9600 xt

ram - 512mb (256x2) dual channel corsair ram

cpu- amd athlon xp 3000+

motherboard - asus a7n8x

h drive- 80 gb seagate ide

OS- Windos XP

Well with this setup which game would i get better performance?

You have a good enough machine that the performance difference will be minimal. I would guess Ut2k4 will perform wrose because it's just made to show off it's grapchis.

The better questiong is what game do YOU want. :p

I personally would opt for BF:V just because I like realistic games more than made up crap.

BlazingWolf said:
You have a good enough machine that the performance difference will be minimal. I would guess Ut2k4 will perform wrose because it's just made to show off it's grapchis.

The better questiong is what game do YOU want.

I personally would opt for BF:V just because I like realistic games more than made up crap

I disagree, I think that UT2004 would perform better that Battlefied. The UT games are very commonly used as a benchmark so the game has been optimized a lot to improve it performance and acheive higher frames. On my machine, UT2004 always performs better than Battlefield at higher settings.

And BlazingWolf, Battlefield my have a more realistic setting but it is certainly not a realistic military simulation :p

triXsta said:
Well i am planning on getting one of these games.which game should i get?ive heard great things about both games but just dont know.Well i guess I really want to get the game that will perform the best on my pc.here is my current setup

video card-9600 xt

ram - 512mb (256x2) dual channel corsair ram

cpu- amd athlon xp 3000+

motherboard - asus a7n8x

h drive- 80 gb seagate ide

OS- Windos XP

Well with this setup which game would i get better performance?

Dude, DO NOT worry about your comp...look at my specs in my sig, and you will see that they are exactly like mine (but with a better processor!)

Both of those games run great on my PC with EVERYTHING TURNED ON AND MAXED.

As for those 2 games coming down to a choice, though, it all depends on taste.

Unreal 2004 - VERY fast paced, unrealistic but fun, cool new mode /w vehicles, great graphics, futuristic so if you dont like games that are futuristic dont buy this.

BF Vietnam - Slower paced game, very realistic, great graphics, music from movies such as CCR's "Fortunate son", of course is set in the Vietnam Era, lots and LOTS of vehicles.

Personally I prefer BF Vietnam since I hate games like UT 2004 where it is very fake and fast-paced, but it is all up to taste, so I advise you to try whatever you like. Also, look for the UT 2004 demo......that also may help you make the best choice for you.

Good luck! *thumbs up*

ur cpu is good enuf for both ... I personally would much rather run BF:V ....since i dont like those fake kind of games like UT

this is just my opinion , but i dont know which game is actually better because they are 2 different types...

guess123 said:
ur cpu is good enuf for both ... I personally would much rather run BF:V ....since i dont like those fake kind of games like UT

this is just my opinion , but i dont know which game is actually better because they are 2 different types...

Ya, fake games like UT....for some reason, I just cant stand!

How so many people can actually play and enjoy that game, I donno, but I guess it all focuses on taste......

anyways, back to BF V! :D

well i was playing the ut2k4 demo and i ranged from 45-90 fps so ig uess that is good? what do u think i would get in vietnam?

lower.

Ive never played it on my comp but i played it on my friends which is a 3ghz radeon 9800xt 128 mb 512 ddr
and it was CHOPPY
I have no idea why, maybe because is was the first week they had released it or somthing but man it was not pleasent.
UT2004 is a much cooler game in my oppinon. they tottally nerfed vehicles in vietnam, its all about infantry and thats the thing i liked about 1942 : the vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom