Upgrading my OS from windows XP to Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2adre

In Runtime
I have a dell b110 and am trying to install win 7 on it. As soon as it starts it blue screens. I even tried installing windows xp on it and it does the same thing. HELP!:confused:

What is your BSOD stop error? STOP 0x000000##

If it had XP on it prior, I really doubt it could run Windows 7 with much compatibly.

Probably bad RAM or HDD. Get and run Memtest for 2+ passes.

I tried the hard drive switch, didnt work. I'll try the mem switch. Its the blue screen that says if u have seen this screen for the first time try again or if this is more than once try to press f8.

What's a hard drive switch?

That's not a bluescreen. That's XP setup. Windows 7 does not have this. That is where I'm confused.

Im sorry, the windows 7 one just loops, the xp reinstall shows the bluescreen, and I tried switching the hard drives with the same type of hard drive, didnt work

Describe the XP Blue screen. XP setup goes through a bueish screen, but it is designed to. That's where you set up your HDD.

Well, what was on the other hard drive?

once xp starts with a new install after I format the drive within the xp setup I hit ente to install windows 2 sec into starting that fresh install it blue screens

im taking a pic, 2 secs

now im getting a ntldr is missing press ctrl alt del to restart, omg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom