Ufc 84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tito Fight was a disappointment he kept running away from Tito. The Silva fight was great wish it was longer and the Sherk vs. Penn fight was very good. They could have went another round. I think that was early stop.

^sherks right hand was broke and if you watch the slow mo replay sherk was out when penn started to pummel him

^if you rewatch it you will actually see that the ref started to stop it but pulled back for a sec, that was the end of the match, i honestly believe that he wanted penn to get some good shots on sherk

there aren't any rules stating you have to stand in one place and let someone hit you, and Machida had Ortiz at the end of round one until he was saved by the bell

Machida hit Ortiz quite a bit and had Ortiz frozen with fakes the whole fight, shrugged off his take down attempts, and stayed out of the pocket enough so Ortiz's lousy boxing game was worthless. Nobody has been able to counter Machida's style yet but I have a feeling it will take a good striker to do it. Won't be somebody like Liddell either I don't think, Machida would mess up his rhythm and Liddell would hardly ever get a right hand off. Need someone with a speed advantage and good footwork to chase him down with. The guys like Liddell that only throw when their feet are planted won't get it done. GSP has the style to do it but wrong weight class. Anderson Silva would be a good matchup if he was up in weight class.

no but that doesnt mean you have to run

yes machida would have won had the first round been 15 sec longer, but that dont mean nothing, had ortiz stuck with the triangle choke instead of trying to transition into an armbar he would of made machida tap

he was running any time ortiz would throw a punch, he would then come in get a little jab in and run some more

his next fight should be against wandy and wandy is going to go all out and knock his boring *** out and i will be estatic

all this coming from an ortiz hater that would of loved to see him get his *** kicked, but instead i got to see the most boring fight in ufc history with about 30 seconds of action in a 15 min fight

no but that doesnt mean you have to run

yes machida would have won had the first round been 15 sec longer, but that dont mean nothing, had ortiz stuck with the triangle choke instead of trying to transition into an armbar he would of made machida tap

he was running any time ortiz would throw a punch, he would then come in get a little jab in and run some more

his next fight should be against wandy and wandy is going to go all out and knock his boring *** out and i will be estatic

all this coming from an ortiz hater that would of loved to see him get his *** kicked, but instead i got to see the most boring fight in ufc history with about 30 seconds of action in a 15 min fight

if you call that a boring fight I'd say you don't know what your looking at

karate is almost impossible to make work in MMA, you just saw it happen

Striking is more than just hitting people, its about making people miss, making them get confused and frustrated and if you were paying attention as the fight went on Machida worked it well enough that by the middle of the third round he was standing right there in the pocket close to Ortiz many many times and Ortiz was incapable of doing anything about it. I watched Machida put on so many feints and fakes Ortiz was frozen and jedi mind screwed, he didn't know what to do. These guys are using like 4oz fingered gloves so you cannot coverup and protect yourself, the only defense you have is movement and speed. Ortiz is painfully slow and telegraphs everything, Machida is fairly quick and uses movement to confuse, that is very smart and technical work.

Im no fan of Machida at all but you have to give him credit, he has one of the most technical styles in MMA right now and so far nobody has been able to beat him. Tito Ortiz king of the ground and pound and brutal shots taking ANYONE down at will getting shrugged off by Machida !! Is that running? No that is skill. Ortiz's footwork sucks, is that Machida's fault? Nope. Watch some old Muhammed Ali fights and learn what the floating and stinging attack style is all about, Machida's is very similar. You cannot run from someone with good footwork, these guys like Liddell and Ortiz and even Wandy that can't move and strike at the same time are gonna have a rough time with someone like Machida. You simply do not have the time to set both feet and get square with Machida and then throw, by the time you do he has moved out of the way. You have two choices, bum rush him and take your chances, or dance with him and get right in his face and move and strike right there with him, shrug off all his feints and fakes and hit him. Unfortunately in MMA nobody cept Machida has learned this, all these guys train to throw power from a stance with both feet planted like muy thai kickboxers. Ortiz stood there FLATFOOTED the entire fight, yet he says he has good boxing skills !! ???????????????? Incorrect, he has lousy boxing skills, you do not stand flatfooted and let someone pick you apart. Where was Ortiz's jab? He should have been throwing that thing like a machine gun in bursts of 3 and 4. He should have been on the balls of his feet using his cardio, where was that? Ortiz got schooled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom