To all your modders out there - wake up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raveboy

Baseband Member
I am sorry but all these people who think it is totally cool to highly modify their computers and get high spec hardware have totally looked over very important key issues.

So what if you have 2gb of ram or the latest processor.

They are all very well but I totally think it would be best to fork out $400-600 on a Maltron keybaord which are the best designed keyboards out there. they help to minimise RSI - for me buying equipment which minimise RSI trumps a decent processor or graphics card.

The same goes for a high quallity chair and mouse. KI bet you over looked those points didn't you.

You will be certianly wishing you had got a good keybaord when all your hands are crippled up and you suffer other injuries from cheap and nasty keybaords, chairs and mouse.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN THE CURE!!!!!!

Ha ha, ive already taken your advice i run my 486DX with that exact keyboard. Fair enough, my calculator is double the power, but my wrists have never felt better, couldnt agree with you more lol :)

You're right..sort of. I don't have the greatest keyboard but it also doesnt strain my hands and I am happier that I didnt spend several hundreds of dollars on a better one. So in that sense you are wrong that you have to spend so much. I did buy a nice chair though.

LOL Kid you have a narrow view of modders. Not only do I mod the system but have modded my mouse and keyboard to suite me. I use 5 dollar keyboards that work just fine.

Well I disagree totally...I DON'T think it's "totally cool" to mod my computer. I enjoy putting together computers and getting the most from my system as i possibly can. I would never buy a keyboard for that amount of money, no keyboard can prevent such things, they may help and thats great. If doing what I enjoy doing poses some "permanent health problems" then so be it.

And for the record, I think your spamming the forum by advertising that particular keyboard on more than one thread...I think it is best for me to fork out $500 on something I am going to enjoy using, such as a graphics card or a processor.

Matt

setishock said:
LOL Kid you have a narrow view of modders. Not only do I mod the system but have modded my mouse and keyboard to suite me. I use 5 dollar keyboards that work just fine.
QFTT!

@ raveboy - My mouse probably cost twice as much as yours.

I myslef nearlly got sucked into all the high spec modding business and I know most people like myself overlook a decent keybaord and mouse to prevent injury - I know its not really something to boast about if you have an ergonomic keyboard but I will certainly be boasting about how my typing skills are still tip-top in thirty years because I invested in a decent keybaord!!!!

I also have generally noted that most people for their signature include their computer spec so that is why my view may appear 'narrow-minded'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dream computer:
Maltron or other well designed ergonomic keyboard and mouse or trackball
two 42'' plasma Tvs for dual monitor support
Decent chair

and a fully modified computer
Vista

Mattyl110792 said:
And for the record, I think your spamming the forum by advertising that particular keyboard on more than one thread...I think it is best for me to fork out $500 on something I am going to enjoy using, such as a graphics card or a processor.

Matt

I am not spamming. I just know that a computer magazine once done a few pages on computer health and safety issues and they mnetioned maltron. I was just referrring to the magazines suggestions for ergonomic keybaords.

Anyhow whatabout every one else who worships and praises things like grahics cards do you call that spamming too? I have seen many a thread mentioned specific names about hardware components. They are not spamming just like me - they are drawing on their experience and sharing it with the others on this forum.

I WAS MEARELY PRAISING A PRODUCT I THINK WAS GOOD. Anyhow I don't care what keybaord you buy ergonomic or not. but you can pick ergonomic keybaords from reasoanable prices.

I was just trying to help out fellow computer users with the healh and safety issues because I myslef have fallen victim to injuries which I wish I could have prevented.

Raveboy said:
I am not spamming. I just know that a computer magazine once done a few pages on computer health and safety issues and they mnetioned maltron. I was just referrring to the magazines suggestions for ergonomic keybaords.

Anyhow whatabout every one else who worships and praises things like grahics cards do you call that spamming too? I have seen many a thread mentioned specific names about hardware components. They are not spamming just like me - they are drawing on their experience and sharing it with the others on this forum.

I WAS MEARELY PRAISING A PRODUCT I THINK WAS GOOD. Anyhow I don't care what keybaord you buy ergonomic or not. but you can pick ergonomic keybaords from reasoanable prices.

I was just trying to help out fellow computer users with the healh and safety issues because I myslef have fallen victim to injuries which I wish I could have prevented.

NO, not at all, I am not spamming and going to other threads advertising keyboards, when the thread isn't asking about keyboards...for example in This thread..

RaveMan said:
Forget upgrading the tower units components buy a decent keybaord like a Maltron in stead - view their website for info.

this might not be the coolest thing out ther but how much do you value good health?

or even buy a decent mouse which is well designed.

Who gives a monkeys fart what your computers spec is if yuor hands are screwed up due to badly designed keybaords!

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom