Thinking about starting my own PC repair gig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
I have all the qualifications and experience necessary, but haven't done a personal business like this before. It's basically just to raise some cash, nothing big. I'm thinking about posting some fliers up at the gym and some grocery stores, etc. I'm ex Geek Squad so I'm going to provide the same services, but half the cost. Has anyone done this before, or have any recommendations / suggestions?

1. Price low. Not rediculously low, not rediculously high.

2. Offer specials. Upgrade your current PC for less money than buying a new system (i know people still love their old systems).

3. Get a business license?

4. Be friendly with customers, don't rip them off. If customers are happy, they will tell other people, and get you more business. It's like free advertising!

5. Advertise on the internet. It's cheaper than the newspaper, and your audience is using computers, right?

I'm not starting my own business, so I won't be needing a license or advertise on the net. It's more like posting fliers for mowing lawns or something. Reason being is every time I introduce myself to someone new, they ask what I do and I say computer work, and they immediately start moaning about how their comptuer is f'd up in some form or another and want me to fix it. So I figure offer my services for a good price and I should be pulling in some good cash. I have references on hand for the skeptical as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom