the graphics not loading properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
I've recently uninstalled a program I had on my computer called Venturi2. It had been running in the background and didn't seem to be serving any purpose so did so. I did get the feeling it had something to do with graphics though.

I tried playing a game right now and for some reason it was lagging horribly. I've ran it fine in the past. Are these two things related? Either way is there some way to redownload the program? I've tried googling all over but the only links I find are linking to an informer.com domain, whereupon it says it doesnt have the software but to try googling it. gee thanks.

And if the two aren't related how can I fix this game lagging??

Thanks
Dan

this is what I've found, VMware Communities: Weird problem with NAT ...
Hi Everyone,

I have observe exact same symptoms on my Laptop. After long troubleshooting I did found out that in my case the problem is cause by service called "Venturi 2" It comes as part of VZAccess Manager. This software provide support for Verizonwireless CDMA 1xEVDO Express Network PC Card.
By default Venturi 2 start with start of the system, but to speed up the load process I had disable it. Venturi 2 is a transparent proxy speeding the image download over slow wireless connections. I didn't found details of its inter-workings, but I found out that VMware NAT service don't work correctly after reboot and Venturi 2 is disable. When I start and then shutdown Venturi 2 the VMware NAT works after that. So I have two workaround solutions:
1. Enable Venturi 2 to run at startup and shut it down after the Notebook is up
or
2. Manually start and shutdown Venturi 2 before the VMware Player (or other VMware VM).

I'll try to find out exact cause, but everyone struggling with this problem I'll suggest to check for other transparent proxy servers. (different Spyware and Virus Scanners or Download accelerators running or installed but not running on the host PC).
have you tried running other games?

from that quote again it seems this is meant mainly for online stuff, no?

regarding other games, heck no! one obsession is bad enough. i only have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom