Star Wars to hit the cinemas again... this time in 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Star Wars Going 3D, Starting With Episode I

Just when you thought Jar-Jar Binks couldn't possibly be any more annoying: Lucasfilm has announced that the Star Wars films are going 3D. Yes, the latest Hollywood trend seems to have infected the folks over at Lucasfilm, and why not? Seems as if there's been plenty of movies in the last two years that have gotten by simply on the 3D gimmick. (Wait, did I say gimmick? Yeah, I totally did.)
The official word from LucasFilm is that they're doing everything in their power to make sure that the 3D rendering is top-notch. In fact, the official word at StarWars.com from John Knoll, Visual Effects Supervisor for Industrial Light & Magic, reads in a very calming, faith-affirming way:
It takes a critical and artistic eye along with an incredible attention to detail to be successful. It is not something that you can rush if you want to expect good results. For Star Wars we will take our time, applying everything we know both aesthetically and technically to bring audiences a fantastic new Star Wars experience.
And that sounds fine. Sure, we know, they're good at special effects over there at ILM, and hopefully the post-release rendering won't suck. But there was a lot of buzz about the mind-blowing special effects in the prequels and, well, there was a great deal of disappointment there, too. (Disappointment, okay maybe that's a bit gentle: more like childhood-destroying, soul-smashing, hope-extinguishing disappointment. There. Better.)
And which film are they starting with? Why, The Phantom Menace, of course.

Not sure I am going to pay money to see The Phantom Menace (you might get me watching episodes 2 & 3). But I am all in for seeing the original trilogy in 3D.

It's funny because in my very last class of Survey of the Game Industry my instructor asked us how many times has George Lucas sold us Star Wars.... Now it's one more.

I ain't buying though.
This 3D BS is one gimmick I won't buy into.

Noooooooooo that's not true, that's impossible!

Seriously? How is it possible to turn 2D images into 3D images without it looking totally unbelievable. So far the only 3D films I have seen at the cinema have been ones that were filmed that way. Surely it will never be true 3D unless someone decides to do a remake.

Happy to be proved wrong though. As a huge Star Wars fan I will probably end up going to see them anyway.

Hahahaha to quote South Parks episode about the re-re-re-release of Star Wars

"In this version the word "WOOKIE" has been changed to "HAIR CHALLENGED ANIMAL" and the entire cast has been digitally replaced by Ewoks".

"AHHHHHH!!!"

heh.

I shall not be watching this. How can this guy still be taken serious?

Because the general American public is retarded to say the least and will buy into any fad. Whats one of the biggest selling trilogies ever? Star Wars. Whats a very good way to make more dime off the same name for over 30 years? Star Wars in 3D. Whos still dumb in the end? The public. But thats ok, because you can buy it AGAIN in Blu-Ray 3D!!! Coming soon to a Blockbuster near you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom