speaker idea...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
I have a pair of bobo BK21 speakers by Lars&Ivan
LARS & IVAN

The amplifier that comes with has 2 sets of speaker pins with pos/neg wire and a sub-woofer 3.5mm outport. I was wondering wether there would be any benefit in stringing an extra pair of speakers in by entwining the pos/neg wires from the current speakers with the new speakers so that 4 speakers can run off of a 2 speaker line. I assume that it would reduce full volume of the speakers by about 50% but will it also improve sound quality due to more speakers in a Frankenstein style surround sound

you have to be careful because you could end up reducing the impedance and overheating the amplifier

but I thought that the front volume dial was in essence a resistor and therefore there is a limit to the amount of power that can be passed through to the speakers and so there won't be an increase in heat???

you have to be careful because you could end up reducing the impedance and overheating the amplifier

which also doubles the distort ratio. those amp were made for those speaker and nothing else. you will get mad when you blow the amp and you will blow it

edit. I thought you had powered speakers. what amp do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom