So who's getting pounded by snow/ice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4inches came down between 4am and 8am this morning, 3.5inches of that in 30minutes - some of the heaviest snow i have seen including when i went on my skiing holidays. Impressive stuff, shame it didn't last longer would of liked 8 to 10 inches.

photo5.jpg

Yea, we get storms like that often here, the worst was when we got over 20 inchs in one night, I was maybe 9 at the time, needless to say, I was out of school for a month as we lived in the mountains. :)

It's been raining pretty hard the last week here. Parts of the town have flooded pretty severely.. Pumps have been set up, sand bags have been set out in front of houses / garages to prevent some serious damage.

and around here, we never get this kind of weather, so I'm absolutely loving every second :D

4inches came down between 4am and 8am this morning, 3.5inches of that in 30minutes - some of the heaviest snow i have seen including when i went on my skiing holidays. Impressive stuff, shame it didn't last longer would of liked 8 to 10 inches.

photo5.jpg

That's what she said XD

Some snow actually melted yesterday here and then of course started freezing over night. Lucky the plows were already out before i left at 5:45AM and salted the roads.

Snow is in the forecast for the 25th and 26th so we may end up with a white Christmas yet.

Nice, but don't hold out to much hope the weather models are having a really hard time at the moment, the weather systems are really weird and it's getting them all confused. Over here at the moment they havn't been accurate locally until 6hours away. They get the general idea for the whole country right up to 24 hours away tops (Snow in South England etc), but you didn't know whether your local town or city would until 6 hours away at most, was pretty crap.

In fact they issued that warning for Heavy Snow where i got 4 inches just 40 minutes before it arrived.

Lucky ? Definitely not. I'd love it to snow 12 inches here. I consider myself very unlucky this winter, bar the extreme south west along with other members of the netweather forums we have figured out Leicester and Nottingham are the most snow deprived areas of the last 3 years :p

Well late last week the forecast was saying we were going to get a storm yesterday, then early this week they were saying that it was going to miss us and we might get an inch of snow. Yesterday evening came around and it was snowing pretty crazily. Apparently my town was on the news this morning because we got the most snow out of anyone. We got about 8 inches of snow yesterday. This is the second snowiest December on record with over 30 inches of snowfall so far. We're expecting another storm next Thursday and Friday.

They are calling for snow to start around midnight tonight and to continue into Sunday night/Monday. That's saying a lot as I live in the Tennessee Valley among the foothills of the Smoky Mountains, so we seldom get any snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom