so. All you big music fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^um are we listening to the same music???

Motley Crue and Judas Priest sound nothing alike

yes in the 80s there was alot of bands that sound the same in the hair metal category, but there is probably 4 times as much bands that sounds almost the same these days then back then, especially in the black/death metal category

There's no "country" metals like sweedish...

Black metal, that's satanic-ish.
Death Metal, NOTHING like old metal...
Technical Metal, crazy stuff, not like 80s stuff
Mathcore (Psyopus.... No one is like them)
Progressive Metal, Opeth, some DT, very complicated and respectable.

Black metal - Death Metal practically the same to me
Technical metal - can you honestly tell me guitarist like Randy Rhodes, EVH, Kirk Hemmet were not technical

like i said before you could take one band and put it into sooo many different sub genres for metal its retarded

^um are we listening to the same music???

Motley Crue and Judas Priest sound nothing alike

yes in the 80s there was alot of bands that sound the same in the hair metal category, but there is probably 4 times as much bands that sounds almost the same these days then back then, especially in the black/death metal category

Black metal - Death Metal practically the same to me
Technical metal - can you honestly tell me guitarist like Randy Rhodes, EVH, Kirk Hemmet were not technical

like i said before you could take one band and put it into sooo many different sub genres for metal its retarded
hammet*

Hammet was the only technical one of his day. Rhodes was good for his time, but waay too pentatonic. EVH just invented tapping, he's not anything spectacular. Only famous guitarist from the 80s who I deem good is Paul Gilbert, and Hammet. Black metal and death are not the same... Type O Negative against Black Dahlia Murder... No...

im sorry but i lol'd at black metal and death metal being the same. i guess you can make that assumption if you don't faithfully listen to that type of music.. i.e. listening to motley crue (no offense music is music and people like different stuff. I just cant stand them lmao especially when the discussion veered towards death metal and the like.) >.>

Black Metal
Dimmu borgir (excellent black metal band), cradle of filth,
YouTube - DIMMU BORGIR Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse Extreme Vers
YouTube - Cradle of Filth - Her Ghost in the Fog

Death Metal
Arch enemy, cannible corpse, napalm death, deicide, morbid angel
YouTube - Obituary - Insane
YouTube - Deicide 'Homage for Satan'
YouTube - NAPALM DEATH - Silence Is Deafening

those couldn't sound any more different. Anyone who says otherise must be deaf, have no understanding of these metal genres and/or just didn't even listen to them.
If you're going to start judging cross-genre bands against each other so be it. you're taking crossbreeds and comparing them against crossbreeds. of course those will sound similar.

Heavy metal has its sub genres. i.e. Death metal, Thrash metal, Black metal, Power metal and Doom and Gothic metal.
Each of those has its own "stylistic divisions". I.e. melodic Death metal, Death doom. / Melodic Black metal, Symphonic Black metal, Black ambient / Epic doom, Funeral Doom, Black Doom - Et cetera.

They do have differences, some are very prominent, which is why they're (sub)classified into the divisions. A lot of bands being compared are just crossovers, I.. melodic death/black being compared to a black metal band or whatever. yeah there will subtle differences but the overall picture might be similar enough for someone who doesn't focus on these styles of music. get the idea?

And yeah i guess you can use national classifications. but you cant say Norwegien metal, swedish metal etc as their own seperate genres. Thats silly.
"Scandinavian death metal concerns the death metal bands of Scandinavian origin. The most dominant countries of the genre are Finland, Norway and Sweden etc."

p.s. you seen Poison the Well eh? how was the show? XD I woulda like to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom