so. All you big music fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

psp_crazy1

Daemon Poster
any of you ever go to a concert?

Unfortuneately, I have not :(.

However, I got 8 free backstage tickets from my cousin who works with the stage crew on the warped tour.... I can't wait. How awesome are concerts? I mean, I've been to a small gig (battle of the bands, ect). and I found out Psyopus is coming to Pittsburgh, and I want to go. I may also see Dream Theater and Liquid Tension experiment, too :)

I've been to a few.

Saw Jose Gonzalez:

YouTube - sony bravia (bouncy balls)

Did the music for that Advert

Seen Andy Mckee:

YouTube - Andy Mckee - Guitar - Drifting - www.candyrat.com

13 million views of that video lol. Saw him when he came to a UK theatre 20 minutes drive from me. He was opening for Tommy Emanuel, but left after Andy had finished.

Seen Arctic Monkeys:

And best of all, seen Foo Fighters at O<sup>2</sup> arena. Ill never forget that concert.

I also have a ticket to go see Foo Fighters at wembley stadium on the 7th of june. Cant wait :D:D

Saw

Rage Against the Machine
There first real concert back in August of 07 at Alpine Valley- Hands down the best live performance I have ever seen

Tom Petty - Just an all-around amazing show, must see if you get the chance

Foo Fighters - Another good one, great live band

Thats about all for the majors, been to a ton of smaller band concerts too. Concerts are the way to go, if you like a band, you awill kick youraself if you adon't make their concert.

I've only been to 1, but it was pretty awesome. I don't get to go to many because most are 3 hours away in either West or East of me in the 2 larger cities at opposite ends of the state, and in in the middle of nowhere >.<...

The concert I got to go to though was Rob Zombie/Ozzy. Took a lot of pics with my phone, heh.

I've seen The Smashing Pumpkins, Modest Mouse, 65daysofstatic, Muse, and Sigur Rós. Plus all the acts that opened for them, like Satellite Party and Matt Costa. I wasn't really paying attention to those two, though.

I'm ticked that I missed Cake, Placebo, Mogwai, and Modest Mouse back when they were writing good music.

ive seen
Mushroomhead 3 times
Machinehead 2 times
Trivium 1 time
Dope 1 time
Murderdolls 2 times
Black Flood Diesel 2 times
Foo Fighters 1 time
Megadeth 1 time
In flames 1 time
Children of Bodom 1 time
Smile Empty Soul 1 time

i go to every concert i can around here (actually drove 9 and a half hours to see mushroomhead the second time in their hometown)

As I grow older my concert going days have since past. But that's not to say I haven't attended my fair share over the years.

Some of the bands I've seen at concerts (mostly during the 80' and 90's)
Motley Crue
Megadeth
Warrant
Cinderella
Metallica
Gun's N Roses
Ozzy
Poison
RATT
Lynch Mob
Slayer
Dokken
Aerosmith
Van Halen
Sepultura
Pantera
Bon Jovi
Def Leppard

......and many more I can't even remember

I've only gone to a Rod Stewart concert once, it was great, although I don't really listen to him in particular, my dad somehow go some tickets.

Being into classic rock, it's hard to go to shows beacuse either the band no longer exists, band members are dead or when they do reunite (or never broke up) tickets get sold out instantly and are super expensive.

I can't stand many of today's new bands, which 99.99% of the Warped Tour consists of. Actually, I'm looking through a list of Warped Tour bands and I can't say that I like any of them. I just can't identify with the current current generation of rock culture consisting of glam, phoniness, apathy and loudness before class. Current music is very hollow in my eyes in this day and age, with some very few exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom