scanners, color dpi, questions, concerns, beef jerky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I've got an all in 1 epson scanner. It's pretty spiffy. I was scanning some pictures and after I scanned about 50 or 60 I came to realize I wasn't that happy with the sharpness. So I went into professional mode and saw the dpi was set to 300. I adjusted it to 9,600 but I got an error. I brought it back down to 1,200 and started printing.

Took 10 minutes and I'm awaiting the results but, I'm wondering something. If I set this to 1,200, would that adjust much else besides the sharpness of the picture? I just wanted some assurance on this since I know very little about printers and scanners.

EDIT - Also, what's the best options here?

I have 24 bit, 8 bit, or color smoothing... which is the ideal option?

Also, as far as resolution, I have about 25 options in dpi choices, ranging anywhere from 50 to 9,600. What to choose, what to choose.

Beef jerky is called biltong in South Africa and if you find good quality, it's pretty good!

600 works good, 1200 works better but as you can tell it takes a lot longer.

The higher the DPI scanned, the bigger the file it makes.

Trotter said:
600 works good, 1200 works better but as you can tell it takes a lot longer.

The higher the DPI scanned, the bigger the file it makes.

I was hoping that along with the bigger file, which doesn't matter to me, I'd get a better quality scan. I scanned a picture at 300 dpi, and the same picture at 1200 dpi, and compared it directly to the original one from a disposable camera. The 300 and 1200 looked identicle, just... identicle. Down to the last little pixel that my eyes could see. The disposable one though... looked great. I can't seem to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom