Saving Wallpaper Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right click the desktop, "Show no Icons"

Then screenshot it, save it into paint and crop out your start menu, save it, back it up and restore your Desktop Icons.

If you're on Vista, all you have to do is go into your Personalization -> Desktop Background settings and drag and drop it to the desktop

Why not just find where the file is being stored and make a copy? This is a much better approach than vernong1992's workable idea.

Why not just find where the file is being stored and make a copy? This is a much better approach than vernong1992's workable idea.
Well he doesn't know where it is stored I'm guessing. Also all default wallpapers are stored in a specific directory but if he applied a custom wallpaper, how can he find it since he said he did not back it up? And iFargle idea works as well if OP has Vista.

This has worked for me every time, in winXP

Right click on desktop >> properties >> desktop >> browse
Every time I have ever done that it opens the folder containing the current desktop BG image. It's worth a try at least.

good luck

It is not the same in Vista/Win7 as it was in XP. So the steps are not going to be the same. As right clicking on the desktop and selecting properties, doesnt give you the wallpaper selection anymore. You need to right click the desktop and select Personalize.

Also if you are using Vista or Win7, the image is already stored on your PC.

Right click>Personalize>Desktop Background

Once in there just right click on the image and select properties. That will tell you exactly where the image is stored on your PC. Can jsut move to a location that you want so you know where it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom