SafeSearch browser hijacker

Vacuous Luddite

Baseband Member
I got this safe search browser hijacker on my computer. I don't know when I could have accidentally downloaded it and I always check my downloads for hidden malware before installing. I obviously still failed to catch this. I have already uninstalled the .exe as well as change my homepage back to where I want it. This thing is still on my computer. I know that there are hidden files that need to be deleted as well. I want to deal with this the manual way because I don't think I should have to download adware cleaner or another program to eliminate this. What can I do to get rid of this for good?

Easy way: Malwarebytes Antimalware
Combine that with manual removal after it has removed its findings.

Check your browser Extensions/add-ons pages as well.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I was hoping to not need third party software. I say this for two reasons, one I actually want to dig through the registry files and things like that so that I can learn these things thoroughly, and two, I feel that if I do this the hard way I will gain the invaluable knowledge so that I can help others who may not want to download extra software, my dad for example is simple and would much rather reinstall the whole OS rather than get more software from third party sources.

BTW, i cleaned the extensions and used malware bytes already. So whatever the reason it is still there and now I want to dig deep and do it myself.

AdwCleaner is also a great one to use; used it to finally get rid of deep stuff on my fiance's laptop that I was otherwise unable to remove because it was in so many places:

AdwCleaner Download

Back
Top Bottom