router blocks port 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbhakta

Baseband Member
i have sbc dsl, windows xp, a speedstream modem, and a netgear router. the router is blocking port 80, which is preventing me from surfing the web. is there anyway i can get around this? i do not have administrator rights, and i dont know the password for the router.

Ok....riddle me this.
If you do not have access to your router than how do you know that your router is blocking port 80? By default.....no router I've ever seen (especially so-ho brands such as netgear) deny port 80 out of the box. Is there someone that knows the p/w?

i know its blocking port 80 becuase i made it block port 80. im just trying to figure out if theres a way around it

I guess thats what I don't understand...how did you make it block 80 if you don't have the password to get into it?

Well, I don't care if you know the password or not. I'm not your net admin. If you know it...enable port 80....you blocked it, you must know how to disable it. If you don't then reset the router. These are your only options as I see them.

If you were able to block it, then you should be able to unblock it, pretty much the same way, except in reverse. If you don't know the password, then resetting it is your option, unless you haven't changed it. If you haven't changed it, look up your default admin password by finding the manual

lets say i dont want to reset it cuz somebody with a higher rank than me will find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom