Recovering deleted data on pokemon platinum.

Dkpop

Beta member
Please read this before posting. If you're going to answer anything similar to the following; It can't be done, Nope, sorry not possible, you can't recover deleted data, anything like that then please go ahead and return to the main forums section because i've seen enough of that. I know it's possible to do it, data is never deleted. Using a computer as an example when a file is deleted it's not removed from the computer, the computer simply recognizes that files location as open and free to use for a save. If you take a new picture and delete an old album of pictures that you no longer need then that album is still on your computer it's simply that part of it is marked as usable now whereas when it wasn't 'deleted' it had a marker saying WHOAH THERE don't save that picture in this location. These ds games work the same way and I simply want to know how I can recover the game similar to the way you can recover 'deleted' files on a computer, thanks.

Is the data saved on the game or on an SD card?

If it's on an SDCard, plug the card into your computer, run a recovery program on it, and see if it can find anything.

If it's saved on the cartridge... then that will be your biggest hurdle: getting the cartridge hooked up to the computer and recognized as a storage device to recovery any data off.

If you've already saved a game over the old game as well, then there's going to be slim to none chance of recovering, because like you said yourself, the flash sectors are marked as writable, and then written over.

Back
Top Bottom