Recording PC Audio & Mic Audio at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griggs2121

Baseband Member
I'm using Windows 7. I can use Audacity working so I can recording any audio playing on my computer. I can also record myself with my microphone. I just can't do both a the same time. I'd like to be able to do this to record podcasts using skype. THX

I am also after this too. I can't get stero mix to work on Windows 7. My card supports Stereo mix as far as I can research, but it's not showing up in the lil devicey bit

since you didn't specify what OS and sound card you are running

I'll just tell you what works for me
and maybe you can figure it out from there :p

go to recording devices
listen tab > enable listen to this device

ibast4.png

now go back to recording devices
set "What U Hear" or "Stereo Mix" as default device

soq2kj.png

now I have sound from my mic, and record other sounds coming from computer

20u615d.png

Yeah I should of linked info from my other thread, I have:

I've bought a new sound card after my old Santa Cruz turned out to be non compatible with windows 7. Anyway, all has gone well, I've bought a mic as I plan to do commentary on certain things and I need stereo mix. I've fiddled around with the sound settings and it's all differnt from XP. I've done some research on Youtube for some videos on how to get Stereo mix but none have really helped. One vid mentioned updating the obligatory drivers so Stereo Mix appears (under 'disabled devices') but it hasn't. I've googled around too to no avail, so now i'm here as a last ditch effort. The updated drivers only added 'Auxillary' under sounds.

I have a Creative SB0410 Sound Blaster Live card with freshly updated drivers. How can I go about getting this stero mix?

I can't get what u hear or stereo mix up, not even but allowing disabled devices which seems to be the trick for most people

since you didn't specify what OS and sound card you are running

I'll just tell you what works for me
and maybe you can figure it out from there :p

go to recording devices
listen tab > enable listen to this device

ibast4.png

now go back to recording devices
set "What U Hear" or "Stereo Mix" as default device

soq2kj.png

now I have sound from my mic, and record other sounds coming from computer

20u615d.png

How would i do this on windows xp?