questions to client

Status
Not open for further replies.

defunktlemon

Beta member
Hi. I have a school project.
Lets say I have an imaginary meeting with a client who I am setting up a network for. The client is a university and here are the requirements below. What would be 'clever' questions to ask the client at a meeting to find out more about what I would need to do to succeed in setting up this kind of network?

Network is seen as key platform to delivering following objectives through a combination of wired, wireless and web-based solutions

* Will be 3 campuses in 2 years time
* 2 campuses will be 5 miles apart
* 1 campus will be 10 miles from main site (in 2 years time)
* Currently, 2Mbps dedicated inks with 10Mbps provision
* Require delivery methods for e-learning & video
* Main concerns are Bandwidth and Resiliency
* 1000 staff (400 academics)
* 800 staff (350 academics) consolidated onto main campus
* 20 rooms delivering online real-time lectures (also recorded for future playback)
* The 20 rooms will support student / staff wireless access high bandwidth & coverage levels
* flexible communication / collaboration methods required due to reduction of office space
* Possible centralized video hub in future for teaching & learning video activities

Ideal Options
* Online web-based staff meetings
* Web-based seminars & lectures
* Mechanism for feedback from lecture attendees

Our Requirements
* Provide an outline network architecture (hardware & software)
* Consider a range of alternative solutions for network
* May recommend overall software choices (OPs and Apps)
* Include recommendations for total network solution, including interconnection of sites and possible upgrade path for future developments
* Provide total solution at minimal cost
* Provide a cost estimate for the operational costs for running the network (multiple options should be reflected in the costings)

Lets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom