Q: regarding old RAM into a recent system

krammer00

Beta member
Hi,

Just wondering if I can still use my old memory on my current mobo, the memories are identical DDR3 1600mhz 12800 9-9-9-24. At the moment I currently have 8GB and I have an 2x 2GB memory from my old system which I'm planning to use so it'd give me 12GB in total. However when I put in the 2x 2GB RAMs its giving me this beeping error.

Just wondering if I can still use these 2x 2GB RAMs, otherwise its just gonna be sitting in a box gathering dust.

Current chipset: Intel H87
Intel core i5 Haswell

Go in the bios and make sure that everything is manually set for the memory instead of XMP. I would test the 2x2 kit by themselves to make sure they work.

As other have said you should check the modules alone with hirens and also before that you can clean the pins with something like paper :) As they are resting aside and gathering dust that might help.

As other have said you should check the modules alone with hirens and also before that you can clean the pins with something like paper :) As they are resting aside and gathering dust that might help.

UMM PAPER? Is this guy high? Dude, compressed air can! Hell, even a makeshift paper fan (folding the paper) will do. But not paper itself!

Back
Top Bottom