Proud to be a Geek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen: Did that make you Chief Nerd?
Clarke: Chief Geek!
Stephen: Chief Geek, OK I apologize. I didn't realize the term was.
Clarke: Well geeks get it done, nerds don't.
Stephen: Oh ner...oh ho ho...that's interesting...I have to write that down...OK *takes out pen* Theres geeky, that's a blue pen right there. "Geeks done, nerds not"

it has impeeded you? how so? do people make fun of you for knowing about computers?

no, but I've been lightly poked fun at by my friends once in a while, but nobody I know usually cares for my computer knowledge, even at my college, the students at the computer science department don't have a clue about details, example; I was talking to guy about TF2 (who seemed to be the only one who was knowledgeable) and I mentioned anti-aliasing, and he asked me, 'What's that?' and he was completely unaware of the GF 9800 series too 'I thought the 8-Series was just released a few months ago...'

the best way to put it is that there's not much of a geek culture here in Montreal on the English side of things, it's mostly the French people who are the hardcore gamers and tech-junkies, if anything happens, all of it happens downtown too, the tech-shows, LAN parties, etc

my 'local geekery' consists of Yu-gi-Yoh and Naruto fan clubs or Super Smash Tournaments - not exactly my cup of tea XD

no, but I've been lightly poked fun at by my friends once in a while, but nobody I know usually cares for my computer knowledge, even at my college, the students at the computer science department don't have a clue about details, example; I was talking to guy about TF2 (who seemed to be the only one who was knowledgeable) and I mentioned anti-aliasing, and he asked me, 'What's that?' and he was completely unaware of the GF 9800 series too 'I thought the 8-Series was just released a few months ago...'

the best way to put it is that there's not much of a geek culture here in Montreal on the English side of things, it's mostly the French people who are the hardcore gamers and tech-junkies, if anything happens, all of it happens downtown too, the tech-shows, LAN parties, etc

my 'local geekery' consists of Yu-gi-Yoh and Naruto fan clubs or Super Smash Tournaments - not exactly my cup of tea XD

shoot, then I guess I have been socially screwed as well. I have been made fun of some, and those people who know about what I know, dont care that I know. I wish there were some geek shows, or tech shows, or LAN parties around here.. I would go all the time..

I know what you mean...

People seem to hate me when i rant on and on about comps :)

No one hates me for what I know, but I have learned to recognize the glazed-over eyes when i go too deep into a computer subject and how to recover the conversation accordingly. ;)

It does get bothersome when people are constantly hitting me up for computer help. I don't mind helping anyone, but after the second time their computer is infested with spyware it gets beyond the point of annoyance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom