prep for HijackThis Log posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didnt you do combofix?

because it said I needed to stop avg and avg will not completely stop, so u told me dont run combofix, just post hijackthis log, so I did and U told me what to fix in hijackthis, which it did.

Then u said to run ccleaner and cleanup and try combobfix again. I tried and again avg can not be completely stopped. I went to avg forum and confirmed this. So. I never ran combofix.

Then u said remove avg, run thru your entire guide and reinstall avg. I tried and avg would not uninstall.

I posted (post 7) some other info (Malwarebytes log) that your guide said to post. I also posted something that vundofix wanted to remove, but I thought I needed it. Also Spyware terminator listed 3 "unclassified" threats, but I really did not understand what it was saying, so I posted that too (post 9). U then asked me "What is the unclassified threat?" Which is totally beyond me, that is why I asked. So, I said I dont understand. U asked me again (post 15) I think at this point we are not understanding each other...

So, I tried to remove avg and run combofix and avg uninstall failed. I posted this and u said dont remove avg, just remove all threats and run repair (post19). I said if I knew what the threats were and how to remove I would, and what repair?

Then u told me to go thru ur guide which I already did! I responded (post 22). Then u asked why I did not run combofix.

To sum it all up, I ran everything in ur guide except combofix. I posted all logs. U instructed me how to deal with the bad things in hijackthis and I did. So, I have not dealt with the 3 logs that I posted from malwarebyte, vundofix , Spyware terminator . I also ran thru all the tools listed in 2 other hijackthis forum guides. My computer is so slow that sometimes it cant even keep up with my typing.

When did this all start?

Go to Start, run, type services.msc and click ok. Look for AVG entries, if you see them, disable them. Reboot then try to uninstall once again. If the uninstall doesnt work again, try combofix one more time and let me know what happens

When did this all start?

Go to Start, run, type services.msc and click ok. Look for AVG entries, if you see them, disable them. Reboot then try to uninstall once again. If the uninstall doesnt work again, try combofix one more time and let me know what happens

that did not work, I asked at avg forum and got another solution, which also did not work. Now I try that avg uninstall tool.

I ran that avg uninstall. It rebooted once and ran again. It saved a log to desktop and never told me it was done. After several minutes I rebooted, then I did a cold boot. Then I ran it again and nothing happened. I rebooted again. I then ran combofix. It dnlded a more recent version, it asked to dnld recovery something and I denied. It made a log and opened it. It never told me it was done running. I waited several minutes, saved the log, then rebooted. Then I noticed that I has an IE shortcut added to my desktop. I tried opening several internet shortcuts, including this forum. Each time IE opened and said it cant find that site. Finally I opened my Firefox and it said it was no longer the default and I clicked the box to make it default again. Now i can open sites again. I have not reinstalled avg, but will as soon as I complete this.

avg install failed. Click details to see why. Check the box below to restart, restart is needed to compete the install.

Really that is what i said. I restarted after saving the details:

Local machine: installation failed
Installation:
Error: Action failed for file avgemc.exe: starting service....
Error 0x80070002
Warning: Action failed for file avgemc.exe: enabling in Windows Firewall....
Error 0x80070002
Warning: Preparation to unload of the service avg8wd failed.
Specified file was not found.
Rollback:
Warning: Action failed for directory Log: removing directory....
Error 0x80070091
Warning: Action failed for file avgmfx86.sys: stopping service....
Service AvgMfx86 failed to progress during stopping at checpoint 0 (wait hint 10000 ms) in 90016 ms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom