Port Fowarding technicolor tg797n v3

Ewrig111

Solid State Member
If anyone is able to help me at all, i'll be eternally grateful.
So I've been having trouble with rainbow six siege, and after calling ubisoft, I was told the problem was that I had NAT type 2 rather than the necessary type 1. (Seems strange because I was able to play for about a week before this problem arose, but I'll believe them) and I was given a list of numbers to put into 'port forwarding' in my router settings. (My modem is a technicolor tg797n v3 by the way) the numbers are as follows:
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658, 4646, 6115
TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478, 3479, 3480
The issue is, I don't know where to put these numbers in port forwarding. So far all online tutorials show a completely different settings setup to mine, which has a list of titles along the top that say:
Name, which underneath is a text box
Protocol, with a dropdown list worth the options of TCP, UDP, and TCP/UDP but no text box, and nothing changes when I chose different options
WAN port, with a text box
LAN port, with a text box
Destination IP, also with a text box
I was also told to enable upnp which I can't find an option for. If anyone knows where to input these numbers, and/or how to enable upnp, please please reply to this post. Thank you in advance, and thanks for sitting through this wall of words.

Add these ports in your router (port forward option) access via web console. normally either 192.168.0.1 or 196.168.1.1 (check router IP address)

Also enable UPnP on router if it isnt already.

Some different games need different ports, so if you still having an issue, google the port forward needed for the game.

Once down, run a check on your internet connection on the PS and it should show NAT type 1 if its done correctly.

If someone posts here to set up DMZ, dont do it..

Last edited:
Seems to be nearly impossible to find an updated manual online for your modem/router...do you by chance have a paper version? It should tell you where the Port Forwarding options are.

Did you successfully log into your router/modem's web GUI? If not...do so. If you're not sure on how to do this..

To expand on what Rulezero said... To verify your router's IP address, you can find it by running a Command Prompt in Windows, and type in: ipconfig /all

Find your adapter you're connected with (either your Ethernet or Wireless...depending on how you're connected with your computer)

Find the line that mentions your Gateway...that's your router's IP. Type that IP into a browser and it should prompt for a username/password. If you don't know it, look for a sticker on the router that mentions login credentials - if there isn't one, you'll have to call your ISP for the login details.

Also, what system is the game for? PC or console? If it's for PC...don't forget to either turn off or add exceptions to your Windows Firewall as well (or if you're running a different security suite...modify those settings).

Add these ports in your router (port forward option) access via web console. normally either 192.168.0.1 or 196.168.1.1 (check router IP address)

Also enable UPnP on router if it isnt already.

Some different games need different ports, so if you still having an issue, google the port forward needed for the game.
I feel like you skimmed the thread - he already mentioned what ports he needs inputted, according to Ubisoft and was instructed to enable UPnP.

Once down, run a check on your internet connection on the PS and it should show NAT type 1 if its done correctly.

If someone posts here to set up DMZ, dont do it..

Setting up a DMZ for a console is usually fine, at least for testing purposes to verify it is indeed a firewall/port blocking issue.

Sorry I meant if someone says put your entire router in DMZ, yeah DMZ on PS only is fine, but its better to control the flow.

Cant really get any attacks on a PS in DMZ as its a closed unit.

But still think its best to micro manage than allow all on PS.

Sorry, just to clarify a few things,
The GUI is where you are able to change the modem's settings and etc that you access by typing your ip address into a search engine isn't it? If so, I was able to open it, and found the port forwarding section, however it didn't look anything like it was described by ubisoft, and thus I couldn't find the text box in which to type the code ubisoft gave me. The part near the end where I describe the headings and textboxes and etc. Was my attempt at describing what I saw in the port forwarding area, to see if anyone knew what is done wrong or if I should put these codes into one of those boxes. Also, the game is for Playstation 4. (Sorry, probably should've mentioned that in the initial thread)
Thanks for the quick replies guys!

Last edited:
Sorry I meant if someone says put your entire router in DMZ, yeah DMZ on PS only is fine, but its better to control the flow.

Cant really get any attacks on a PS in DMZ as its a closed unit.

But still think its best to micro manage than allow all on PS.
Do you know how to put the ps4 in the DMZ? if it would help, i'd love to know. Also would there be any negative or risky outcomes of doing this?

Was my attempt at describing what I saw in the port forwarding area, to see if anyone knew what is done wrong or if I should put these codes into one of those boxes.
Ah, I misunderstood what you meant by that piece.

Instructions in bold:

Name, which underneath is a text box This can be any name - it's descriptive for you.
Protocol, with a dropdown list worth the options of TCP, UDP, and TCP/UDP You'll select the port type here.
WAN port, with a text box Check this, so it's discoverable over the internet
LAN port, with a text box
Destination IP, also with a text box Enter in your PS4's IP here.

is there not an input box for a port number / range? If not...you may have to append it onto the IP address by doing:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:port
where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your PS4's IP, and "port" (no quotes) is the port you need to bind to.

Do you know how to put the ps4 in the DMZ? if it would help, i'd love to know. Also would there be any negative or risky outcomes of doing this?

Should be an option somewhere in the firewall settings of your modem/router. Risky? Eh, not really for a console since there's limited network stuff you can do with it (unless an exploit is found). You can at least put it in the DMZ without forwarding ports to see if that is indeed the issue. If it works fine in the DMZ, then you can remove it from the DMZ and add the necessary ports that Ubisoft instructed.

You can at least put it in the DMZ without forwarding ports to see if that is indeed the issue. If it works fine in the DMZ, then you can remove it from the DMZ and add the necessary ports that Ubisoft instructed.

Very good point

Lemme guess, default router as supplied by telstra? XD I have the exact same router at home so I'll get you a list of steps when I get home ;)

The technicolors default to 10.0.0.138 for the router address, and they have extra crappy admin interfaces so I don't blame you for the trouble you're having :p took me a while to find out how to do something as simple as changing the default ip settings!

Lemme guess, default router as supplied by telstra? XD I have the exact same router at home so I'll get you a list of steps when I get home ;)

The technicolors default to 10.0.0.138 for the router address, and they have extra crappy admin interfaces so I don't blame you for the trouble you're having :p took me a while to find out how to do something as simple as changing the default ip settings!
Thank you so much, If you'd make a step-by-step procedure type thing that would be fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom