Pandora Radio skipping/stuttering while playing Starcraft II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiller.

In Runtime
Hopefully I'm posting in the right place...Strange issue with pandora internet radio stuttering for 1-3 seconds when playing Starcraft II. It sounds like a CD skipping, or at least similar. I'm using Chrome browser while it happens. I can pause Pandora and the sound in Starcraft won't stutter or anything...I'm not totally sure if it's related to a specific song or not....I know it's not my internet connection.

There was one time when it happened where it stuttered for about 15-20 seconds, then the screen went blank and I got a message saying that my GPU drivers have recovered from an error...I'm using version 285.62, which I have heard nothing but bad things about.

Here is a message from the Windows Action Center:

Problem: Video hardware error
Files that help describe the problem:
WD-20120207-2300.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml

Any opinions/thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Is this during single player? I think your net bandwidth can't control both SC2 and the radio at the same time. Otherwise, not sure.

It happens when playing multiplayer. I have a 15 Mbps connection.

That doesn't say much. For example, cable internet can fluctuate largely. DLS has the advertised speed closest to the source or node of the DLS service.
Here's an idea of DSL and internet speeds.
http://www.convergedigest.com/blueprints/ttp03/images/2005/ti-fig2.gif

I would agree with MOM that it may be your internet speed not being able to keep up. I have experienced sound skipping by my offline media player when I am using nearly all of my RAM.
What is your RAM usage during gaming?

That doesn't say much. For example, cable internet can fluctuate largely. DLS has the advertised speed closest to the source or node of the DLS service.
Here's an idea of DSL and internet speeds.
http://www.convergedigest.com/blueprints/ttp03/images/2005/ti-fig2.gif

I would agree with MOM that it may be your internet speed not being able to keep up. I have experienced sound skipping by my offline media player when I am using nearly all of my RAM.
What is your RAM usage during gaming?

I have Verizon FiOS internet. I am currently running on 4 GB of RAM because 1 stick was faulty, but I still have over 1 GB available even when gaming. It also happened when I had 8 GB of RAM installed, so I wasn't even close to maxed out then. Should I test with WMP and see if it stutters? I guess if it doesn't then it would be a bandwith issue/browser/pandora problem?

There isn't any way this can be related to my video card, is there?

EDIT: It just happened now with windows live messenger, chrome (with pandora playing), and Sc2 running. Physical memory usage was around 52%. Only this time, it stuttered for about 3 seconds, and then my computer completely froze up when I was on the desktop...?? Has never completely froze before...

I had to power off the computer and restart....

EDIT 2: I am currently watching a live stream on high quality, listening to pandora, messaging on WLM, and posting this without any problems. It seems to only happen when Sc2 is running, that's what makes me think it's a video card issue...as strange as it sounds...

A little update...I tested it yesterday and today with WMP instead of pandora and there is no skipping, or any problems at all. I left the brower open while playing just to see if it was a problem with Chrome or something, but there was no problem...I would agree and say it's a bandwith issue, but does that explain my PC freezing??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom