Open source framework for building smart home

Sensey

Beta member
Hi, guys!
We need your opinion about the following thing. What do you think about it? Is it usefull, useless or something is just missing.

Basically the thing is that we are developing framework with wich it would be possible to create different programms that uses wireless sensor network (WNS).
For example, you could create mobile thermostat with it.
We wanted to learn what you guys think about such thing. Is there any interest.
We will make the sw open source but we are considering that we could provide hw kits for that that basically consist of Raspberry Pi and couple of Xbees. We would put it together and offer as kit, therefore you would not have to deal with ordeing everything seperately and puting it together. What's your opinion? Would you be ready to buy such thing if it would cost just slightly above the sum of all components seperately or you would still like to make the hw yourself?

Please check fb page for more info. Likes and shares would be highly apprechiated since we need to spread the word in order to get your opinion.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sensey/253676961475731

Sensey is open framework that makes it easier to create any kind of software
that uses wireless sensor networks. Let it be mobile thermostat, curtain closer,
light switch, universal remote or anything else that can be controled by sending signal.
Sensey also provides the hardware kit on which it is possible to further build all of the above mentioned software that
basically consists of Raspberry Pi and a couple of Xbees.
You don't have to pay hundreads of dollars for smart home systems when you can build it yourself.
And what Sensey does is helping you to do it and save your money (the framework is open source and the hardware is considerably cheaper than any smart home system).

looks like other groups are trying to work on something similar. i found these on a simple web search. i haven't looked into what they're doing specifically. i'll leave that reading up to you. WHat are you doing differently than these other groups? Why would people want to choose your software / framework over these others?

http://www.opensourceautomation.com/

OpenRemote - Home of the Digital Home

...and the diy subbreddit could be a good place to find like-minded people

DIY

Back
Top Bottom