One Million Xbox Live Players Banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
One Million Xbox Live Players Banned?

One million Xbox Live players have been banned? Are there really that many cheaters out there? Seriously?

"All consumers should know that piracy is illegal and that modifying their Xbox 360 console to play pirated discs violates the Xbox Live terms of use, will void their warranty, and result in a ban from Xbox Live," Microsoft said in a statement.

Good. I hope they find a way to instantly ban people if their DVD drive firmware is modded.

wow...where is everyone's sense of adventure? I'm not sticking up for piracy, but seriously modding something I paid my own money for not being legal just because they say they dont want me to do it? Imagine if car manufactures started to make it illegal to modify your car so you couldn't put on after-market parts? or modding your pc case just well because you wanted it to have a more powerful led setup or ability?......Y'all are harsh around these parts. I agree...no warranty. if you mess with it you suffer the consequences.....but illegal to mod something you bought and own?...I don't think I can agree with that.

Depending on the modification, it's can be illegal.

Exactly. This isn't about modding in the sense of making the exterior look really cool, or modifying the cooling system. Those things won't get you banned. The only illegal modding you can do is certain performance mods, or in the case of the 360 is using it to play pirated games, basically.

I really wish the 360 had some better piracy protection. I know too many people who get banned, then just go out, buy an RRoD'd 360, fix it up for $20 and are back to playing their pirated games... And their excuse is because Microsoft charges for DLC and stuff like that and "forces" them to pay ridiculous amounts of money for pointless things like avatar clothing.

So in conclusion, there is nothing wrong with modding your 360 case, or cooling, or anything that doesn't lead to illegal activities such as stealing games.

modding something I paid my own money for not being legal just because they say they dont want me to do it? Imagine if car manufactures started to make it illegal to modify your car so you couldn't put on after-market parts? or modding your pc case just well because you wanted it to have a more powerful led setup or ability?

Not every mod is illegal. Microsoft probably doesn't care if you add LED's to your 360, paint it, change the fans, the heatsinks, do the x-clamp mod, etc. But when you are playing a pirated copy of a game on Xbox LIVE and they know it they should ban you because of it, heck they should turn over your credentials to the police and have them come after you for stealing things. Theirs a difference between mods that effect gameplay and ones that just look cool/improve performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom