*Official* Bad Company 2 Vietnam Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a little gameplay action?

YouTube - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Pure Gameplay

I didn't embed due to the ingame language.
Looks awesome! Except...I see the flame thrower noobs coming out of the work work.

I just started playing BC2 again, haven't played in several months. I noticed there is a Vietnam link on the main page. Is this the same thing you guys are talking about? Does this have anything to do with the earlier version of BF: Vietnam?
Yes, this is the same thing we're talking about.

I am afraid of EA screw ups for the download - I have 2 PC's that have separate log ins and gamer names attached so we ( 3 gamers in the house) can play on the 2 PC's. When I log in to EA from either PC, through the appropriate login and password, I get logged in OK, but the when I go to purchase anything ( like the BC2 Vietnam download) it re-asks me to Log in "again"- why? Does it make everybody log in 2 times? Maybe being over cautious as both PC's downloaded the new BC2 maps updates OK. Although the new maps are lagging badly and I get a frozen screen to the level of manual shutdown occasionally.
You might be able to just get it on Steam. That way the download is tied to each individual account. Where it's an expansion, though, I'm not sure if it can be installed over a retail version.

I'm enjoying the new maps. I think Black Ops might have been a waste of money for me as I will likely be hooked on BC2 and Vietnam with the new content.

I'm having all kinds of lag and freeze ( to the point of having to shut down PC via power button and reboot) since the new maps were downloaded. Anybody else? or should I be worried my PC is acting up. suggestions? Furmark= 72 degrees after 15 minutes with good Framerate. Fraps shows OK in game until I lock up. Maybe I got a virus , Avasti = A-OK - will run full scan tonight.

I'm having all kinds of lag and freeze ( to the point of having to shut down PC via power button and reboot) since the new maps were downloaded. Anybody else? or should I be worried my PC is acting up. suggestions? Furmark= 72 degrees after 15 minutes with good Framerate. Fraps shows OK in game until I lock up. Maybe I got a virus , Avasti = A-OK - will run full scan tonight.
I have the same problem, but I was getting freezes in general too. I disconnected an external hard drive and now it only freezes during the game, so maybe it IS the map pack.

well just played for 10 minutes- no trouble!!! had 10 updates for win7 that were not there earlier today that I had to download and then reboot, then shut off avasti and malware live. So, one of those seemed to do the trick. There is HOPE - new maps are fun- I don't know where I am going at all. Maybe pre-pay for Vietnam after all. no "friends" playing when I am on= I am sweeper2.

I have been having trouble with freezing as well. It will freeze for a second or two then it will go back to normal. I don't know if it is my system or the game. I just started playing after several months of not playing.

Is this new Vietnam a remake of the earlier game or something totally different?

I'm still getting freezing and it does in in Black Ops too, so it's likely my hardware. It effing ****es me off so bad! I'm always having a good game when it happens too. The only redeeming factor is that it also freezes on the wife, so that means I don't have much of a fight on my hands to get a new build cranking. Sandy Bridge....come to papa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom