Oblivion + x1950XT = wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im currently running windows XP after trying vista and hating the horrible amount of resources it uses up. i got the graphics card together (but not bundle) from ebuyer, but i don't know if their good with returns or not.

omega drivers? so there are drivers from other people for the same graphics card? cool maybe i'll google that and see if they're any good.

Yah give those omega's a try, and also with a system like yours Vista should actually be running faster than XP. The resources that are being used is a key reason why Vista runs very fast on high end systems.

I'm using Omega Drivers... no worries. The latest drivers don't agree all that well with the X1950XT.

I am very happy with mine. Especially since it is happily folding away...

i just installed vista ultimate on my 2nd hd. its a real old hd tahts only 40 gigs, so it doesnt run that fast.
Im not sure if my pc specs are even good for ultimate. The advisor suggested me with vista business.

But for future purchases, add some few extra bucks and dont purchase from ebay...every seller has their own policies.
I usually stick with Newegg or frys...they have never let me down.

There is nothing wrong with the X1950XT, there may be something wrong with your X1950XT.

My friend had three evga 7900GTs crapped out, first one went out in a week, second one went out in 2 months, and the third went out about 6 months. Now evga gave him a 7950GT which he has been using ever since. Does that mean there is something wrong with the 7900GT? No. Does that mean there is something wrong with EVGA? No. Was there something wrong with his EVGA 7900GTs? Yes.

You can't judge a product as a whole just because some were bad. I'm sure there are a lot of people here happy with their X1950XT.

If it doesn't give any artifacts in other games, and only artifacts in Oblivion, that sounds like a software issue to me.

I just got my 7900gs like a month ago and it kept over heating so i got a replacement so beefcake is right.
But about the oblivion problem...just try re installing it and update to the latest version.

The x1950xt is a crappy card in general. A gpu shouldn't be made that can't be handled by a stock cooler, not to mention ATI does have flawed drivers. It's not your drivers or mine, all of them are.

There is nothing wrong with the X1950XT, there may be something wrong with your X1950XT.

My friend had three evga 7900GTs crapped out, first one went out in a week, second one went out in 2 months, and the third went out about 6 months. Now evga gave him a 7950GT which he has been using ever since. Does that mean there is something wrong with the 7900GT? No. Does that mean there is something wrong with EVGA? No. Was there something wrong with his EVGA 7900GTs? Yes.

You can't judge a product as a whole just because some were bad. I'm sure there are a lot of people here happy with their X1950XT.

If it doesn't give any artifacts in other games, and only artifacts in Oblivion, that sounds like a software issue to me.

there was somethign wrong with the 7900GTs tho as i went thru 2 in preaty much the same situation and now i have a 7950 fanless xxx edition from xfx

The problem with the 7900s were the ones that were pre-overclocked. Those burnt out very fast. That is also why nVidia was more strict on overclocking the G80 and 7950 cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom