Nyko Wireless Sensor Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Does anybody have one of these? If so, does it connect straight to the Wii's Bluetooth or does it have a dongle that plugs into the original sensor bars port?

Im trying to get a clear explanation on this for an experiment.

I would like to know this also please and also does it work just as good as the wired sensor bar?

Thanks
Wayne

I own this. You dont plug anything at all into the Wii. You put batteries in it and turn it on. It then has the option to turn itself off after 1 or 2 hours. It is fully wireless on every aspect. It operates a bit better than the wired one for me only cause of the location i have mine. I have mine located above my HDTV on a shelf that is not easily accessable. With the wired sensor bar i had to directly aim the Wiimote at it. With the wireless bar i just aim it at the TV like i normally would. It operates superbly.

Just a bit of warning though, even though you can shut it down, it does still consume batteries faster than expected. I get about the same life out of this as i do a set of AA in a Wiimote.

The trick i do is simple really. I get a rechargeable battery pack that comes with 4AA batteries. This way i charge the whole unit and only use 2. That way when the 2 die i just swap them out. Put the dead ones in the charger and the charged ones in. It is the same trick i do with my Wiimotes and my XBOX 360 controller. In all i have 16AA batteries and 8 in use at any given time. Saves a lot of hassle and it has bee working out well.

If anybody is interested i got some more information on this.

So apparently the only thing the sensor bar does is tell the wiimote its position of up down, left or right. It doesnt communicate with anything and only has a cord for power from the Wii. With the wireless bar you can mod it to run off USB for power straight to where the batteries would normally go. Just make sure you get a long USB cable (or see if your TV has a USB port) for power and no need for batteries.

I asked this question because i wanted to play Wii games on my PC and needed information about the wireless bar sense the connector on the wired one is proprietary. With this being said you can hook a Wiimote to your PC using a Bluetooth dongle easily and just use the wireless bar like you normally would on a Wii. Granted you need to find the drivers online first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom