NFO VPN On Nighthawk X6 R8000

So the problem is that you insist on using a method that doesn't work.

Why are you doing this? Where did you read this would work? Is there a guide that you followed? If so, please provide a link here.

Why am I doing this? Um maybe because I want to use my VPN service through my router as I mentioned plenty of times already? Ok first of, what method is that you speak of that you think it doesn't work? Because I haven't mentioned a method. Second, I have the OpenVPN file containing the info that is needed to put into the router's OpenVPN settings. So what are you talking about? If I was to follow a link I would t be asking here now would I?

Ok first of, what method is that you speak of that you think it doesn't work? Because I haven't mentioned a method. Second, I have the OpenVPN file containing the info that is needed to put into the router's OpenVPN settings. So what are you talking about? If I was to follow a link I would t be asking here now would I?
So why do you assume that you are doing the right thing? Because you say so?

So why do you assume that you are doing the right thing? Because you say so?

What am I assuming according to you? I Came here for help not for your trolling, I have written clearly on what I need help with and you my friend are clearly no help to me. Lol @because I said so? WTF are you even talking about? Lmfao. I'll wait for somebody else to help, thanks.

What am I assuming according to you? I Came here for help not for your trolling, I have written clearly on what I need help with and you my friend are clearly no help to me. Lol @because I said so? WTF are you even talking about? Lmfao. I'll wait for somebody else to help, thanks.

Look at your OP. You are saying "I'm doing this, but for some reason it's not working". So, obviously, my first question is: "Why are you doing that if it doesn't work?" or "What makes you think (a.k.a. assume) it should work?".

So, if you are not too offended, could you try answering those questions?

Look at your OP. You are saying "I'm doing this, but for some reason it's not working". So, obviously, my first question is: "Why are you doing that if it doesn't work?" or "What makes you think (a.k.a. assume) it should work?".

So, if you are not too offended, could you try answering those questions?

As you see here by the pics i provided, that there are things to be filled, and i filled them up (copying and pasting) according to my .ovpn file, So lets say i need to copy and past the CA Cert from my .ovpn file from my VPN to the CA Cert space on the router, like you see on the pic and so on. That's why I'm saying iv'e followed all possible steps but somehow it doesn't connect, maybe I'm missing something or doing something wrong.

https://imgur.com/a/uUnQvBU

Last edited:
Ok, so you should actually be reading the link I provided first (https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/OpenVPN#Changeable_Parameters).

I think I'm beggining to understand this. You have a server running Softether, and you are trying to connect a client (router) to that server.

So the server is not connecting to the Internet through the Nighthawk router?

Yes my server has Softether in which is running my VPN. Now when I installed that VPN with my server credentials, IP, username and etc(so that the VPN can run and work) it created a .ovpn file for me. Inside that said .ovpn file is all the credentials I need to input into the nighthawk's OpenVPN settings. I click save and then go to status and it's not running. So therefore I am putting something wrong.

server is properly configured because I'm using it on my iPhone, 2 laptops and a desktop, server VPN is working just fine.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Manuals are no help because i don't need help setting it up, its already set up and running, i just want it to have it run on my DD-WRT, so it can distribute the VPN to my devices.

Back
Top Bottom