New desktop

Spiritjoo

Beta member
I am looking to finally build my first desktop. Everything that you need to know is down below. Also, I know very little about computer hardware, so if you use hardware language with me then I will just be like "??" Just post the rigs here or send them via PM. If you have any questions or comments feel free to post them.

Here are some specifics I can give you:

Budget: $850-$925 (can go over a bit)
Case: Nothing flashy want more power than looks.
Monitor: Have it
Power Supply: 600W - 650W
Processor: i7 or equivalent, because I have no idea what the AMD equivalent is.
RAM: 8gb - no less/more
Purpose: Hard-Core gaming, basically the only thing I will use it for.
Misc.: I need a wireless adapter as well
Suggestions: Please put in any suggestions you might have.

I hope that can get you started. If you want to wait until Black Friday for any savings you can. Just want it before Christmas.

Thanks,

Spiritjoo

This is quick off the top of my head:

Motherboard: Intel BOXDP67BGB3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard --- $180
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 --- $320
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) --- 50$
Video / Graphics Card: XFX Radeon HD 6870 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support --- $210
Sound: 7.1 Realtek - Onboard
Optical Drive: LG DVD+/-RW SATA Drive - any for like $20.
Power Supply Unit: CORSAIR TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified High Performance Power Supply --- $95
Case: Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower --- $60

You can find all of these on New egg - this is prices off there including VAT, and most have free delivery.. There was a few bonus / promo codes as well as rebates on there, which could knock a bit off the final bill. The above totals to about $930. I havent included a wireless adapter however.

If you shop around, use the same website for everything if possible, and look for codes / rebates you could easily knock $40 or so off the $930 above. (The case alone has $10 off at the moment)

Just for your information, a Phenom X 6 is the rough equivalent to the i7, although not quite as powerful. It however would give you a cheaper 'all round' build than an intel build. Sorry for lack of links - on the go now.

----------------

EDIT: Just realised you didnt mention A hard drive. Any is fine, If you want a fast / reputable brand, go for the Western Digital Black Drives - Although they are expensive. As for suggestions you could get a SSD (Solid State Drive) to increase speed - but this again hits your budget, and the rig itself should be fine without it

Thank you! Keep em' coming people. Also, the specifics are the things I want/know off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom