NetZero uninstallation help.

NLAlston1

Baseband Member
Not sure if this is posted in the right area, but here goes: I recently downloaded NetZero Free, just to see what it was like. I won't be staying with Adelphia Broadband after this reduced offer period expires, and was looking into a dial-up service provider. It turns out that I don't like NetZero, and attempted to uninstall it from my computer. First, there was no uninstall command for the program, and neither was the capability of removing it from the control panels "Add or Remove" area afforded me. So I went into the "Search" command area, typed in its name and proceded to delete it from there. There must have been about seven or eight instances that jumped up for NetZero, and I was able to delete all but the 'Program' file. Each attempt at this brings up a message that the program is being used by another program, or by someone else. There is also mention of a "Boot Exceptions Log".

What can I do to get this off my system?

Try deleting it this way:

Find the directory for the application and delete all the files in the directory. Delete the directory.

Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and find the folder for Netzero. Delete the folder.

Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE and find the folder for Netzero. Delete the folder.

In Windows Explorer, go to the individual user settings and delete program references. Common places to check would be:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs and delete relevant entries.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and delete relevant entries.

C:\Documents and Settings\%YourUserID%\Start Menu\Programs and delete relevant entries.
[Do this for each User ID listed]

C:\Documents and Settings\%YourUserID%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and delete relevant entries.
[Do this for each User ID listed]

If no entries were found in the previous step and the application launches automatically, navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows and delete the entry for Netzero if present.

Back
Top Bottom