Network Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEELERGLENN

In Runtime
OK i hooked both my laptops tow each other via crossover cable. what are the next steps to access each other's music pictures etc?

Yet another thread that somehow managed to get posted in a random, unrelated section. ~~Moved~~

OK i hooked both my laptops to each other via crossover cable. what are the next steps to access each other's music pictures etc? how do i network them i need step by step please help. they both are wireless laptop used through a 2wire modem through sbc

1. If they are both connected to the same modem, and have internet access, the cable isn't necessary.

2. Have you already tried what turtile suggested?

3. Have you enabled sharing of the folders you want 'shared' with other network users on each host?

As turtile posted, you can go into network places, and run the SOHO networking wizard from there...

To share folders, you will want to be logged into the Admin account on the host, and go to the folder you want shared, and right-click on it. Then Select either "Sharing and Security..." or "Properties". If you click Porperties, then select the "Sharing" tab. Both methods take you to the same place. Then simply choose to share the folder, and set the permissions.... Note that ALL SUBFOLDERS WILL BE SHARED AS A DEFAULT.... SO, if you Share the C: drive, ALL folders will be shared, not only files at the C: level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom