My new Audio Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
So I bought a headphone amp kit off ebay...don't know much about it but was told the circuit design looks very well engineered. Just got it assembled and will post back once it's up and running (waiting on a transformer).

Took me about 5 hours of soldering total and I feel permanently cross-eyed, but stoked to hear it.

img4041.jpg

img4043.jpg

Impressive soldering. Very impressive.

I look forward to hearing your opinion. Just don't let it be a placebo effect when it sounds "so amazing" just cause you built it ;)

Thanks, I'm not that experienced but I'm getting better, and I tried to make it look nice rather than slap everything together impatiently like my other projects lol...... I'll try my best to be objective :) I'm coming from a hybrid tube amp so am curious to hear the differences. The only other pure solid state amp I've heard was a cmoy I built, it sounded good but I prefer my tube amp better and the cmoy is just a basic portable amp.

That's some **** good soldering there :eek:
It looks really nice, too. Some good caps i see, and yeh, the layout looks very good - similar to the quality of graham slee's soldering, and he's been doing it as his job ! :D

But his amps inside look a lil different...

pcb.jpg

does it come with an Alps pot ?

Any idea which kit this is?

It's called the Virgo Ear amplifier, there's more info on diyzone but it's all in Chinese!

I got it off a seller on ebay called audiotek, he is a notorious scammer apparently and I'm lucky I received it! I think he's shut down now.

That's some **** good soldering there :eek:
It looks really nice, too. Some good caps i see, and yeh, the layout looks very good - similar to the quality of graham slee's soldering, and he's been doing it as his job ! :D

But his amps inside look a lil different...

http://www.rock-grotto.co.uk/slee/pcb.jpg[img]

does it come with an Alps pot ?[/QUOTE]

And yeah I was surprised that it came with such good caps, I do have some audyn caps here I might put in later...and no it doesn't come with a pot. I have an Alps RK09 here but will probably buy an RK27.

I'm putting it in a Galaxy case from modushop. :)

I just plugged it in an only 1 channel is working...10Vdc comes out of the other one lol! So I have some troubleshooting to do

[IMG]http://www.modushop.biz/ecommerce/galaxym_0000.gif

I just plugged it in an only 1 channel is working...10Vdc comes out of the other one lol! So I have some troubleshooting to do

I hope you didn't test with expensive cans :p

EDIT: and that's a nice looking casing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom